Recoil XPS

mrsqueaky

Hey what hose length are you guys running on your XPS's can I get 150' without a booster.

Scott Rogers

Sure you can, and if your standards are REAL LOW you may even be happy with the results :shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
mrsqueaky said:
Hey what hose length are you guys running on your XPS's can I get 150' without a booster.

about the only dude here I've ever heard make such ridiculous claims of 150 out to 200ft hose runs on a porty, is Rickie Fonteno

still the question begs..why would you?
they're called "portables" for a reason

..L.T.A.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
lol.............Ricky has probably already posted this on the Recoil Board.

I wouldn't go more that 50 feet.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have a recoil and can run 100 ft without a booster. I wouldnt recomend running any more than that. 100 ft can get anywhere you need to in a home. If you run 2 inch it will do you good . normally I run 50-75 feet and get awesome vacuum. When I run 100ft I get awesome vacuum for a portable. My loan officer shot me down for a truckmount so I found a deal on a recoil and a 3ht little giant and have been very pleased with it as a happy medium( I am still working towards the tm )

Mikey P

Administrator
I got to tell you. If I were just starting out I would pack up my minivan with a M5, a booster, a 175, a Cimex and be done with it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
John LaBarbera said:
I ran a mile with no booster. Than I had a beer.

Saw this at my custy's house today... Tour De France! :lol:
tourdefrancesmokers.jpg

Greenie

man, I love that pic....classic

I remember the days of the Blue Board when everyone was running 150' of 1.5" hose with their recoil, and that was before it even had the III moniker, let alone the XPS moniker or Glides were common.

At some point someone will chime in and explain to a newbie that if you only have 100" of waterlift, and you lose half of that on 100' of hose through friction, it's NOT a good idea to lose the other half by extending that loss to the point of diminished returns.

Jim1

Your Question is a Good one, You just asked on the wrong board, They tend to hate the Recoil
here, They support the Mytee brand here, But thats Ok too.

Im running a XPS and keep it to 50ft, I also added a 2.5 Barb supplied from Greenie to go over that distance, The machine has been good purchase for me and have no complaints.

The only way I would run a 100 plus distance on a regular basis would be to buy a booster for the machine, That goes for ALL portables not just the recoil, If you set the unit up on location right youre not going to need alot of distance anyway.

Hope that helps you a little
Jim

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim1 said:
Your Question is a Good one, You just asked on the wrong board, They tend to hate the Recoil

I sure don't, Jim
My comments can and do apply to any and every porty.
even the "board de juor" porty here, the MytEE.

Manufactures and salesmen's claims (and one particular Janitor here) are rarely in line with real world practical use.

They may not be outright lies, but the truth is often stretched farther than Dannie's waist line..

The newbies and unenlightened often fall victim to marketing hype

Your input and experience is appreciated and reflects good common sense

this is worth repeating, cause it's the best post on this thread.

Im running a XPS and keep it to 50ft, I also added a 2.5 Barb supplied from Greenie to go over that distance,
The only way I would run a 100 plus distance on a regular basis would be to buy a booster for the machine, That goes for ALL portables not just the recoil, If you set the unit up on location right youre not going to need alot of distance anyway.

Hope that helps you a little
Jim

..L.T.A.

G

mrsqueaky said:

Don't worry dude Mikey is still mad because he couldn't figure out he had the recovery lid on incorrectly; As for me I also do 150 to 200 feet with just Recoil XPS unit. I recently added a booster to my system and at that same length had cut my extraction and dry times way down. Also would never have a problem going past 200 feet now; and if you ever have to extract from a basement te new booster design will allow you to increase lift substantially. Did an apartment this weekend with my kero heater at 265 degrees and carpet was dry to the touch before I left.

You may wanna look into adding the auto fill and dump; not a bit of filling or dumping will save you a pile of time. Waiting for my hoses to be made for injector then I am gonna try prespraying as filling up tank.

Oh; I thought I had spotted and M5 here in Pensacola; turned out to be an EDIC; my bad though. All generically shaped extractors look alike to me. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :roll:

Mike Draper

Here is some info that might be helpful.....if you only have 100" of waterlift, and you lose half of that on 100' of hose through friction, it's NOT a good idea to lose the other half by extending that loss to the point of diminished returns. :lol:

G

Mike Draper said:
Here is some info that might be helpful.....if you only have 100" of waterlift, and you lose half of that on 100' of hose through friction, it's NOT a good idea to lose the other half by extending that loss to the point of diminished returns. :lol:

Lack of Education and Ignorance is not the way to go through life.

The Point of Demished Return is reached when vacuum is created at a certain pressure, power setting, altitude, and barometric pressure in this case a vacuum tank
The term you seek my son is Parasitic Drag. The parasite would be the non smooth bore vacuum hoses you use.

:lol: :lol: :idea: :roll: :oops:

Mike Draper

rjfdube said:
Mike Draper said:

Lack of Education and Ignorance is not the way to go through life.

The Point of Demished Return is reached when vacuum is created at a certain pressure, power setting, altitude, and barometric pressure in this case a vacuum tank
The term you seek my son is Parasitic Drag. The parasite would be the non smooth bore vacuum hoses you use.

:lol: :lol: :idea: :roll: :oops:

Blaaagh, Blaaagh, Blaaaaaggghhhhh.

The Preacher

From Ricky on the ReSoil BBS

"I normally run 100 feet nearly every run; I do hose runs of 150 about 3 times a month at an apartment complex to the 3rd and 4th floors.

I have the older version XPS; If you get the newer Super Charged version; which BTW is more efficent and more powerful; you will have no trouble doing 200 foot hose runs. Add an external booster to that same system you will have 400 cfm's; which btw a 33 blower doesn't produce that much cfm's; you will be able to rival any t/m production of a 33 or 36 blower powered gas burner."

i'll run ya for pink slips with my 36 there Ricky!!! how does yore new Super Charged system compare to yore older XPS???

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Brian Luddy said:
lol.............Ricky has probably already posted this on the Recoil Board.

I wouldn't go more that 50 feet.

Yep, it's there.

Jeff Van Buren posted this on ICS:

If anyone is looking for a GREAT portable visit crossamerican.com I just purchased a Recoil XPS can run 300+ foot 2" hose has unbelievable CFM plus you can add a booster to add another 100CFM.

Now he is primarily doing low moisture cleaning. Any connection do you think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom