Recommendations for One Step Cleaners

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Forgive me, because I've been out of the loop on the latest and greatest chems.

I have a lot of friends in the rescue world, and all deal with pet spots on a regular basis.

I always encourage them to get their carpets professionally cleaned regualarly and also recommend Quat-A-Lot or DD12 for spot odor control. Many have home cleaners like Bissels and such. They need to be able to do light cleans and spots between regular professional cleaning. Most of these folks are not going to pre-treat and rinse, so I need a good One Step to recommend for their machines that is good on urine, low residue, pet friendly and preferably available in liquid (powders clog up most of the home units). The stuff sold with the units is ridiculously expensive and usually too foamy.

What's the best out there now?

Thanks in advance.

Take care,
Lisa

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
truckmount girl said:
They need to be able to do light cleans and spots between regular professional cleaning. Most of these folks are not going to pre-treat and rinse,

if they're too lazy and/or too stOOpit to mix some juice in a trigger sprayer, then they're too stOOpit to use professional chems ....

send them to the cleaning isle at the local Piggly Wiggly grocery store to get some Dawn dishwashing liquid and a jug of rubbing alcohol....

OH YEA...tell 'em to GET A FENCE..so they don't have to use their HOME as a kennel :shock:

.L.T.A.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Pugs can't live outdoors. They can't take heat especially because of their short noses. They ALL have fences, we don't allow anyone to foster who doesn't.

It's not that they can't do the whole pre-treat and rinse thing....they need quick and easy BETWEEN good cleaning. You don't want to clean after some person has been using Dawn on their carpets do you? Keep it simple something they can run in their machine if someone has an accident or unexpected company is coming. I'm lucky, I've got a professional porty, but most don't.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
ACE said:
vinger and water...simple enough

You ever smell a house after someone cleans with vinegar and water? No thanks! I'd rather smell dog pee.

Come on guys, doesn't anyone have a decent low residue emulsifier?

Take care,
Lisa

F

FB7777

Having had my Pug for one year now I can see why so many of these things end up in shelters or dumpsters

I love my dog to death but my Pug is dumb as a stump when it comes to the concept of not shitting inside

SHe has had obedience training, crate trained and all the advice available from Vets.

She resides encarcerated in a 6 foot round pen in the kitchen or in her crate when not in our back yard or on a leash for walks

My advice??? Get a 32 oz spray bottle and put 1 part ammonia and 1 part bleach

unscrew the trigger sprayer and pour it in the dogs water bowl

no more piss stains

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
truckmount girl said:
It's not that they can't do the whole pre-treat and rinse thing....they need quick and easy BETWEEN good cleaning. You don't want to clean after some person has been using Dawn on their carpets do you?
Take care,
Lisa

why not??
it's just detergent

if the professional is actually trying to fix their urine and feces contaminated carpet, the Dawn is the last thing I'd be concerned about ..seriously ..cause the carpet NEEDS "flushed"

and i know this will sound terrible , cause it's based on only a few dog rescue people i actually personally know here ...but if you ask me, they don't need juice for their bissel, they need a dumpster to pitch the contaminated health hazard rag they're living on....
Then they need a plumber to put some floor drains in, so they HOSE DOWN the floor RIGHT

but i digress....
Most all the "name brand" emulsifiers are good . Prochem Dry Slurry is as good as any and better than most
None clean as well as pre-spray applied and allowed to dwell
It takes no more time to mix soap in a trigger sprayer or pump up, compared to mixing it in a toy extractor...I fail to understand the time difference given the fact that one method will be much better than the other ..i don't get it

..lL.T.A.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
What do you guys think of Bio-Kleen and Bac-Out? They always used to be great, are they still good?

Take care,
Lisa

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
truckmount girl said:
They always used to be great, are they still good?

Take care,
Lisa

compared to what???

they "used" to be great cause they were a board de jour juice at one time
and only because Gary Heacock hawked them

..l.T.A.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
meAt said:
truckmount girl said:
They always used to be great, are they still good?

Take care,
Lisa

compared to what???

..l.T.A.

Yeah, but they are (were?) safe, didn't have a strong odor and seemed to work pretty good and have low to no residue. Most of these folks have nice homes and decent carpets and are looking to touch up between regular cleanings, like weekly. Anyone using this stuff?

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I don't like it for many other reasons, but a guy I used to work with loves it. I remember its excelling quality was on pet stains. With the traffic lane cleaner the pet stains would be gone before you extracted them. I thinks it is a great home choice.

Name
Eric Valentine
ESteam Performance CBS should work well.
- 9.7 Ph
- NO residue (dries to a powder and vacuums out easily)
- Health rating of 1
- Leaves the carpet with a soft hand when dry
- Dissolves easily in warm water
- Light citrus scent
- not excessively foamy
- contains natural brighteners
- mixes at a whopping 1-2 teaspoons per gallon. The instructions say .5-1.5 oz per 5 gallons (1-3 tablespoons per 5 gallons)

DD-12 or a little CTI X-Cide could be mixed in to deal with odor (there are instructions for using it on pet beds, and it is safe when dry on the x-cide)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i took some DD-12 over to my new next door neighbors......they put hardwood floors OVER the piss and blood encrusted sub floor.........i hope they used some...not that i give a shit!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The focus should not be the chems, it should be on the equipment.
What good will the best chem do if they are not going to be properly flushed/rinsed out , and neither is any of the urine.
Satisfactory spot urine treatment can most likely be better achieved with simply a tub of OSR and a quality shop vac if you explain to them how to properly flush a small spot.
Tell them to junk the Bissel. Wrong application.
No point in going after piss if your not going to "go down and get it out".
Urine treatment will never be a "one step" process.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I get my customers to get BacOut of I just go buy them a gallon and bring it with me the next time they clean

it's a pretty good cleaner also

FredC

Village Idiot
What is the goal here exactly? If dogs are pissing and shitting in the house tell them their 'one step" option is install vinyl. If you are going to use your house as a kennel that is probably the best bet...maybe some washable/bleachable olefin rugs. If it single story on a slab pull the carpet and seal the crete....is that two steps?

If I had to recommend something "one step" it would probably be a peroxide based system. Peroxcellent from Vacaway to be specific. Like any "one step' it is going to be limited but both the odor control and stain removal aspects are there. That and it can be used for HWE OR encap. Running it through a bissel may take some trial and error but it has the advantage of spray and wipe when you don't feel like soak vacuuming.............

add some smelly good/odor neutralizer/

sell the combo?

Becker

Name
Becker
Not to derail the topic. Just wondering. What is your current role in the carpet cleaning feild these days lisa?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi Lisa

Experience for me doing experiments with this type of equipment is that most other cleaners will take out the seals of the bissel pumps quicker. The bissell cleaner seems to be a weak alkaline cleaner. I have had some people use the spotting solutions spotters I sell in their cleaners even though I don't recommend that. Spotting solutions does have a nice pet spotter with an enzyme and an odorcide that my clients really like also. Blot up as much of the urine as possible and just apply. Don't know of another product that works in the home systems though.

Mark Saiger

Walt

truckmount girl said:
meAt said:
[quote="truckmount girl":1e5hi2oh]They always used to be great, are they still good?

Take care,
Lisa

compared to what???

..l.T.A.

Yeah, but they are (were?) safe, didn't have a strong odor and seemed to work pretty good and have low to no residue. Most of these folks have nice homes and decent carpets and are looking to touch up between regular cleanings, like weekly. Anyone using this stuff?

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:1e5hi2oh]

I'd tell your friends to apply Bac out to the "spots" and agitate. Use BioKleen fiber glow liquid in the machine and clean. Finally, mist lightly with Bac Out fresh.

You should call or email Gary. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. Let me know if you need his number.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred mentioned Peroxcellent from Vacaway but it will probably be too foamy to run through any machines.

BUT, if they just spray it on and rinse with water....that would work....But it's 2 steps.

Tell them to buy the resolve scrub and vacuum...No special machine needed.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Disagree Brian, peroxellent would be perfect. It runs through the truck mount just fine so a gravity feed, low pressure system would be fine.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I have close to a dozen customers using both Bac-Out and Natures Miracle as a spray spotter. I tell them no dilution on the Bac-Out and 50/50 on the Miracle. I encourage them to use the BacOut as first choice and Miracle second. If they use me for a minimum of $150 in carpet cleaning, I leave them 8oz in encap juice that will make 3 gal of rtu solution for their machine. Takes me 1/2 hr of instruction and these ladies have called me back like clock work for reg HWE. Several have ended up spending over $250 on a visit.

I too think folks live a bit strange with their pets but as long as I'm gaining top line revenue I continue to pony up with some un-orthodox solutions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom