Red flag warning

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m probably going to call this customer back and cancel. My spidey senses are throwing up red flags on this one. Her response to my 24 hr reminder email makes me sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I tried calling her but no answer. Not even an answering machine. When I booked the job I had a feeling of red flags. She asked about under the couch, scrubbing, corner guards, vacuuming, how loud my truckmount was, and all sorts of other things. I'm a very good judge of sensing the difficult ones and whenever I go against my inner voice it bites me in the ass. I'm listening to it this time. I wrote her back the following.

"Hi XXXX,

I just tried to call you but there was no answer and I was unable to leave you a message. Yes, your carpets will be wet for awhile if the humidity level is high, especially if its raining. Working in the rain is a pain in the rear. Also, if you are feeling ill it would probably be best to reschedule for when you are feeling better and when the weather is more cooperative. I can refer you to several cleaners you can use when you are feeling better and when the weather is optimal for your cleaning needs. Hope you feel better soon.

Damon

A Plus Carpet Cleaning. "

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Follow your gut (unless its telling you to eat a third baconator in one setting....)

The issue of the drying doesn't bother me; its really a legitimate concern considering how many cleaners can be.

Its the lack of confirmation back from her, and of course your "gut instinct".

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Follow your gut (unless its telling you to eat a third baconator in one setting....)

The issue of the drying doesn't bother me; its really a legitimate concern considering how many cleaners can be.

Its the lack of confirmation back from her, and of course your "gut instinct".
Jim, I thought of you this morning when I read her email. I heard your voice in my head. I threw in that bit about the carpets being wet longer due to humidity just to get out of it. Honestly, with my Dev-wand, 870, dry strokes, and stealth fans, dry times aren't an issue. I just was feeding her fears :)

I'm at the point where I just don't want to deal with nuts anymore, especially for 400 sqft. .

steve_64

I've had some on the phone make me think similar only to be very pleasant and easy to work with once I arrived. These can easily become cheerleaders or bite you in the ass. All depends if you meet or exceed their expectations or truly are a hack.

So she missed one call so what.

steve_64

You're actually better off they give you their concerns before you show up unprepared for their situation.

Obviously your gut isn't your best instinct.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've had some on the phone make me think similar only to be very pleasant and easy to work with once I arrived. These can easily become cheerleaders or bite you in the ass. All depends if you meet or exceed their expectations or truly are a hack.

So she missed one call so what.
I'm sending you a puppy.

steve_64

Being prepared mentally is different than being prepared equipment wise.

I don't use all my tools on every job but if I know a concern I will be sure to address it.

Take care of the porch chop.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm working in the rain today. $200 for 1 hours work and I'm having breakfast at the mall drying out. Next job is portable, I hope she has underground parking.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom