Red Stains on Wool Carpet

Name
R.J. Povio
I read a post a few days ago about red stains (Kool-Aid) or similar stains on a wool carpet. I don't think your supposed to do this, but I on 4 different wool area rugs have sprayed my red stain remover on red stains and with NO heat the red stains dissappear. I have yet to have any color loss or any damage to the carpet. The red stains litterally dissappear in front of your eyes! Anyone else try this? I know on the red stain products its says do not use on wool. But I have to tell you this works wonderfully. I of course rinse out the red stain remover after the spot appears to be gone.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Richard that sounds about right, although you may find that on some wools the area will show slight colour loss under certain light conditions once it's dry (for instance under artificial light at night), if it's an oxidising type product. Not sure about reducing types as I don't use them often.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Could someone tell us the difference between "regular" red stain removers and and those that are marketed for use on wool??

Thanks

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hoody is wrong.
John, you got to increase his back to school allowance and or give him more sleep time :p .

Click on VacAway MSDS for Red Vanish for wool: http://www.vacaway.com/vaRedVanish/forWool.htm

It is Sodium Metabisulfite.
I assume that there is a strength difference or that they are not using acid as a booster or something that makes it safer for wool.

I don't think anybody will sell an oxidizing product labeled for wool, unless they are activly seeking a lawsuit :p

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ofer Kolton said:
Hoody is wrong.
John, you got to increase his back to school allowance and or give him more sleep time :p .

Click on VacAway MSDS for Red Vanish for wool: http://www.vacaway.com/vaRedVanish/forWool.htm

I assume that there is a strength difference or that they are not using acid as a booster or something that makes it safer for wool.

I don't think anybody will sell an oxidizing product labeled for wool, unless they are activy seeking a lawsuit :p

Thanks Ofer

so could one presume it's just a reduced strength reducer??

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
meAt said:
Ofer Kolton said:
Hoody is wrong.

I don't think anybody will sell an oxidizing product labeled for wool, unless they are activly seeking a lawsuit :p

Thanks Ofer

so could one presume it's just a reduced strength reducer??

..L.T.A.
I am not sure what makes it safer for wool. I mentioned three logical conclusions, not sure which or if any is right.
Steve Smith will be a good source. Don't think he participates in this board though.

Maybe the Cobster will chip in.
Or Scott W.
Or Shawn.

Maybe Greg ...........

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yeah, i def screwed up and clicked on the wrong MSDS on that one. Been one hell of a week, thankfully I'm going camping this weekend. :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom