red wine stain why does it reappear

glenboy

Name
GLEN
custy has tan cheapo carpet with red wine spill when i pre spray with certified enzyme it disappears after i extract within minutes it comes back please help :?:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Some of the staining material is still at the base of the carpet or perhaps in the backing or pad. As the carpet dries, this is pulled to the surface by wicking or capillary action. Thus the spot returns.

Flush it out thoroughly using a Water Claw spot remover tool. Extract as dry as possible, maybe even put an air mover on it. Remove any remaining color with an oxidizer such as Stain Zone. Stain Magic will also work. Use fresh product.

Scott Warrington

Stevea

Glen,

In Addition to all of the fine comments, you could also put an absorbent towel over the stained area and allow the last remaining residue to wick up into the towel. Be sure to put a weight over it and allow it to sit on the area until dry or overnight. Old towels work best, not new ones.

This works very well, if it is due to wicking.

SA

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Would you flush it out using a water claw with just plain water or an Encap or OSR type of product?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I had a huge area of red wine that sat for a while. I water clawed the whole thing and when it was dry(i cleaned other rooms) I came back and hosted the sucker... Bye bye

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom