Redneck Engineering At It's Finest

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I always liked my powerflite- hot as hades but seriously lacking in vacuum - so I conferred with my engineering department and now that problem is solved. Introducing Uncle Wiily's Screw On vacuum booster. Powered by a 5.7 3 stage ametek, this will make the lamest screw top machine stand up and suck! Special galvanized outer cover for the discriminating redneck and a hard crafted wooden cord wrap is included with this baby. Not just any strap on, you'll be able to suck dust off the moon! ( RIP Jim Darling)

I can't wait to put this on my Steamway with the specially designed manifold. It's gonna rock!:headbang:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Uploading a teaser.....
20160623_203934.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Don't care if anyone copies it. I saw a similar thing for over $500 plus shipping and duty and customs and in and on. This cost me undet 300.

Attachments

• 20160623_203846.jpg
    20160623_203846.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: SCC

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey you have no idea how much time and money I've spent to squeeze every last ounce of clean through electricity. I've got a collection of experiments that most didn't work any better than stock- but some outperformed my expectations. This is one of them that hit the mark big time. Terje was a smarter man than a lot of people give him the credit he deserved. Yep - he could be sand in the speedo, but he knew the electric side hands down. Ron Marriot's a pretty smart cookie too. That monster portable of his really rocks. I helped him on a job last Friday night and the carpet in the office we did was dry to the touch in 2 hours 500 psi 6 flow.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I love Willy's contraptions.
They look both willing and dangerous. Every time he turns it on, it must be both an adventure and a religious experience.
The man is visionary and a wild west CC frontier man

Willy, do you pray before you switch it on? :winky:

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
This would be an interesting video... maybe try it on the couch ... could be very impressive! :-)

rick imby

Name
Rick
The wooden cord wrap is just the icing on the cake....

So Willy not to poke and prod too much---does this get you to 4, 5 or 6 circuits now?

one for each of your vac motors- 1+ 1+ 1 and then 1 or 2 for your heater and one for your rotovac and one for your pump? Or is the pump on one of the vac motor circuits?

So you only use 50 ish feet of vac hose with 3 vacuums in parallel?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Oh yeah - Bill, put a screened opening in the top, otherwise the motor will be recirculating it's own cooling air and will run way hotter, shortening it's lifespan.

Name
Nate W.

So Willy not to poke and prod too much---does this get you to 4, 5 or 6 circuits now?

one for each of your vac motors- 1+ 1+ 1 and then 1 or 2 for your heater and one for your rotovac and one for your pump? Or is the pump on one of the vac motor circuits?

@Willy P Doesn't use a Rotovac..

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Depends on which machine I'm using. The pump in the 700 went for a shite on me yesterday so I used Powrflite perfect heat today. Two 5.7's in series with the third vac mounted on the machine roof in parallel . 4 cords with the booster.The perfect heat system gives me really amazing heat with one cord. the pumptec is a pumptec, and the 3 vac system is way better than I expected - good airflow and lift. There's always 2 outlets in the kitchen and finding 2 more isn't brain surgery. It really rocked it. Next up is an auto dump for that one as it's only 8 gallon recovery, yet 13 fresh.:headscratch:

I'm perfectly aware of the "redneckness" of this. I don't give a flying rat's ass because it works VERY well. I don't have the facilities or unlimited resources to make pretty eyecatchers, but I do know a thing or 2 about what I want and like in my machinery, and there aren't very many portable systems that equal this for heat, vacuum and decent pumping.

Now which of you strapping young men is going to help me put that sofa in the back of the van and help me unload it at the Salvation Army store? :biggrin:

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

rick imby

Name
Rick
Willy, I have no doubt you get er done. My knowledge of the physics of designing portables.... very limited..... would suggest that with the additional vac motor you significantly increased the CFM of your system but decreased the lift. You would probably get the same vacuum performance if you turned one of the series vac motors off.

I am guessing the motors in series probably are 3 stage and have more lift than your Bucket Booster.

According to the theories I have read---the system lift is the lowest of the separate pulls from the waste tank.

Sincerely "The Keyboard Carpet Cleaner"----lol---

P.S. 8 gallons? Wow...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Putting an extra vac motor in parallel like that will increase cfm without decreasing lift. Like Willy says, it's just a prototype. Steambrite sells one for $600.00. I've often thought about doing the same to my old ninja. Makes an old machine new again.

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
Definitely an accessory you'll d limit to midnight deserted empties. I don't see how you would want any customer to see you come in with that. Not hat there is anything wrong with it.

I knew a couple girls like that too..........but they got the job done too.....:shifty:

Makes me wonder since 2 vacuums are in series on the machine and you add the booster on top of the tank, I assume the series will still be stronger? Will 1 or 2 vacuum motors work harder pulling against the other? I don't know physics, I was homeschooled...:errf:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here's the deal, leaving physics out of it. Take a box and put a 2 inch hole in it. Install a vacuum motor on top of the box. Turn it on and feel the suction. Now install another vac motor on top of the box. Turn it on and feel the suction. It will feel much stronger. The lift will be the same with 1 or 2 motors but the extra airflow will make your wand stick to the carpet. Now add a third vac motor on top of the box. You would think someone is fooling you and substituted their truck mount. I will be building another portable soon. I will show you the difference when it's built.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom