Regular Restuarant customer just installed carpet tile....

MerCrewser

....and their installer says it must be cleaned with dry chemical. We cleaned this restaurant every other month using truckmounted rotary extraction for the past 4 years. Now, with the lighter carpet tile color, they want it done every month with NO HWE. How long can I get away with encapping every month? I've never encapped a high grease load restaurant before.

Will HWE really ruin the adhesive in carpet tile?

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Re: Regular Restuarant customer just installed carpet tile..

It can be done. It'll eventually look like total crap give or take a year.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

i have a seafood joint that insists that no hot water touch his floor tiles..i have been encaping it for 3 years every month and it looks and acts just fine

also have a dicks wings that is the same deal but they only get dome every 3-4 months for over 3 years and they look just fine

also have a highrise that you cant stretch to that gets encaped every month for 4 years..looks just fine

you will be fine..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

.and their installer says it must be cleaned with dry chemical

last I checked, encRap isn't "dry" chem

if i was you, I'd contact the manufacture to get the skinny on what THEY recommend....
and proceed accordingly

..L.T.A.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

I'd suggest the owner call the salesman and ask why he sold them uncleanable carpet. See if the salesman contradicts the installer. If the salesman says the carpet has to be drycleaned it's time to get the carpet store owner involved prior to being sued.

Reasons an installer said this would be: It's Interface carpet, and Interface pushes cleaning with their Capture powder; The installer has had installations fail due to slab moisture and assumes all moisture is bad; The installer is a hack and knows the installations will fail. He hopes to be living in a different town by the time the carpet owner figures this out.

We've heard the same thing from double-stick installation hacks. an installation should NEVER fail due to cleaning with water.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

ass holes....

and of course us cleaners know nothing about cleaning :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bob Foster

The Great Oz said:
I'd suggest the owner call the salesman and ask why he sold them uncleanable carpet. See if the salesman contradicts the installer. If the salesman says the carpet has to be drycleaned it's time to get the carpet store owner involved prior to being sued.

Reasons an installer said this would be: It's Interface carpet, and Interface pushes cleaning with their Capture powder; The installer has had installations fail due to slab moisture and assumes all moisture is bad; The installer is a hack and knows the installations will fail. He hopes to be living in a different town by the time the carpet owner figures this out.

We've heard the same thing from double-stick installation hacks. an installation should NEVER fail due to cleaning with water.

great info as always Bryan......

randy

Name
Randy

Ruff Hewn said:
.and their installer says it must be cleaned with dry chemical

last I checked, encRap isn't "dry" chem

if i was you, I'd contact the manufacture to get the skinny on what THEY recommend....
and proceed accordingly

..L.T.A.

My guess is they are looking for a Host type product or that powder crap. If that is the case and it is a grease pit, I would bid very high or walk because nothing good is going to come out of this account.

If they let you encap it mist with onyx Environzyme as a prespray, agitate and then encap with hotknife by way of the Cimex.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

funny this is last time a home owner told me a installer dictated the cleaning method and acted like the installer was a expert

i asked him if his car salesman was his mechanic or if his dr was his health ins provider? just because you install does not mean

you are educated on cleaning..i hate it when a customer thnks the installer is the cleaning expert but thats usually

easily overcome.

MerCrewser

I'm going today to check it out. They have the tiles and i will verify with manufacturer.

PCCN

The Great Oz said:

Totally agree!!! We have been cleaning 14 locations of a fast food chain for 4 years with HWE and they all have the carpeted tiles. NEVER a problem at all, and actually, with all the grease these places produce, there is no way any other method would make them look as good. Not sure what yours are made of, but ours are very easy to clean and dries in less than 2 hours with zero air movers.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

Manufacturers of carpet tile recommend low moister cleaning for their carpet tile. They also do not want rotary tools used on carpet tile.
I personally have found installers to be much more knowledgeable than the carpet salesman that just wants to sell carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom