Relay in house or sub out?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Here's a photo I posted on the Aussie forum for one guy. He came across this job following on from another company that did shoddy workmanship in the final relaying of the carpet.

IMG_0300.jpg

Do you relay in house?

If you sub out, what time frame do you normally have to wait for the job to be done?

THis was a BIG factor in my learning carpet re installation. I was waiting anywhere up to 6 weeks for even simple relays. Learnt it myself, taught my guys and most are done on the day the last equipment is removed.

Clients love getting their homes back quicker.

I've since established a relationship with an installation company and when I ask for a job to be done, I can usually get it done within 2 weeks, often inside 1 week. I use them for extensive relays or where there may have been excessive shrinkage.

John

steve g

Name
steve garrett
carpet reinstall isn't something you can just normally train people to do, if you have an employee you know will be around for several years its a good idea to possibly train them. I consider myself to be good at reinstallation, I have done it for years and it was mainly all I did for 3 years with one company I worked for. but I hate doing it, its my least profitable service and takes the most time and work. I have some friends who I know do good work, heck even I may sub out mine from now on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom