Releasit is getting PRICEY

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
$140 a case now... Damn that stuff is getting expensive. Hot Knife is cheaper to buy & to use plus it works better on oily/greasy spots. Releasit is a very good product but you have to keep an eye on your costs. Go ahead... Call me cheap.

diamond brian

Hot Knife does work well, but it smells bad. Actually got three complaints about the stink from hotel guests within a 4-5 hour period.

We've gone back to Encap Punch. Hell, it's all pricey.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I hear ya.

I've been looking for local products to avoid shipping costs but can't find anything that works as well as the http://www.vacaway.com line.

They do have several formulas with different scents like citrus or strawberry.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
As costs go up, so do my prices.
Customers know what's going on whether they like it or not.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Walrus said:
I hear ya.

I've been looking for local products to avoid shipping costs but can't find anything that works as well as the http://www.vacaway.com line.

They do have several formulas with different scents like citrus or strawberry.

Just order more than $125 worth at a time and get the free shipping from vacaway Even a bdcc like me can manage to order that much. :D

TimP

The biggest problem with Hot Knife is the ammonia smell. I love the cherry smell better than the tea tree whatever it is smell.

I buy Hot Knife...cheaper and works better in my opinion. Plus you can get spotters that don't require a rinse to compliment the shampoo cleaning.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
ENC has that ammonia smell but HOT KNIFE is different.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mist and Brush from Steam Way. The new formulation of procaps kicked butt as well (not sure if it is out)

my favorites and not because I sell them. They work and cost per sq ft is less then a penny.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
maybe free shipping really isn't free is it

you said you were going to quit using it because you lost an acccount from spraying it instead of the shower feed

So what you got against Rick?

LOL at Terry

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I don't have anything against Rick. His product works well. That said $35 a gallon is just too much. I did however lose a great account from the Releasit-cough. Shower feed is probably the best method of application for that product.... I don't recall having posted it publicly before... So I guess the real question is "What do YOU have against Rick?"...

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
How does CTI Pros Choice Brush & Bonnet compare to the others? I don't do much padcap anymore, just touch-ups or the rare impossible HWE access. I buy B&B locally as needed and it does the job.

Greenie

You guys all get a deal, you should see what your Canadian brethren pay, or the Aussies and UK boys for that matter.
Free shipping....something that is fading quickly....for a reason...it was never free.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Shower feed is probably the best method of application for that product.... I don't recall having posted it publicly before

the only way I would know is because I read it in one of your posts

from what I have tried the CTI product, it really doesn't compare to other encap products

So I guess the real question is "What do YOU have against Rick?"...
I don't have anything against Rick.

I have nothing against Rick, I buy his product local, as well as the VacAway line, for the same price and still use his buffing gel(Turbo Shine) that your floor care BB buddies can't figure out how to use :roll:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
It's OK... About like a spray buff in results but goes farther. I like windex better.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
some people don't like the gel because the propane buffer tends to throw it a little, they can't figure out how to slow the buffer RPM's down a little, they must lather the floor with the stuff when you only need a small drop of the goop

floor guys and floor finish/methods are worse then carpet cleaners and what is your favorite pre spray

It's OK... About like a spray buff in results but goes farther. I like windex better.
why don't you call it by it's brand name,
that is one thing I can't stand with that bb, many over there talk crap about products but won't state in in a public forum but have no problem bad mouthing it behind it's back

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
why don't you call it by it's brand name,
that is one thing I can't stand with that bb, many over there talk crap about products but won't state in in a public forum but have no problem bad mouthing it behind it's back

Why don't you KMA? I never said it was bad... The results are comparable to using a spray buff emulsion except the tube lasts longer. Oh, & Steve... I do like windex better & I wouldn't say anything about anyone I wouldn't say to them. That said: ACE you pal...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I didn't say Jeremy said it was bad, little touchy are we.

Can't remember the name of the spray buff product but when I asked about it many said in private that it was just windex in a bottle but when you bring it up in the open they act like it is the greatest product out there

I have been stripping I-Shine the last couple of days, now I know why I said that the finish looks a little thick, it is some of the slimest/gooey stuff I have ever had the displeasure of stripping, nice finish other then that

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Perpetual Floor Shine.... Pink Windex.

My bad Steve maybe I read it wrong or read too much into it... Perpetual Floor Shine works great.... But Windex works just as good at a fraction of the cost. Actually I like Rubbermaid Glass (That's the Brand Name...) cleaner best.

AS for the I-Shine, it strips so easy... Compared to a lot of other finishes & repairs well too.

Fon Johnson

I tired Perpetual Floor Shine, buy my guys said that Spartan's Spray Buff worked better. Perpetual is a little more than just pink Windex, but it is over rated. People are just afraid of hurting Glen's feelings.

Steve, what stripper are you using to strip the I-Shine? I have found it gooey at times, and I found out that I just needed to dilute the stripper a little more. It really strips easy.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
right now I am using a low odor stripper made by Eco Lab, kind of have to use a certain brand for this place but the EcoLab product is pretty good and is an excellent tile and grout cleaner so I like to just buy one brand

I won't use spartan strippers after watching a couple of people have some health problems after using their brand

but you are right, after asking a helper a couple of questions the stripper was not mixed right

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i havent used perpetual in quiet a while..but i will add this..

one of my new accts I stripped and they used "spray buff" basiclly the watered down wax version...goood lawd it was some nasty shit to strip..3 times and thick as hell....I gave them some pink stuff, and damn those floors look nice...also not bad to strip...oh did i mention its a hamburger joint????

and then a little while ago i was buffing an autozone, and he wanted it popped pretty for the inventory.... so i went and grabbed it out of the truck...worked it in...and well damn that floor hasnt popped like that in some time..

now with all that said, before why i never used it was this....

YOU GOTTA GO OVER IT TWICE...

1st time to work it in, then buff it out....SO WHY THE HELL JUST NOT BUFF YOUR FLOOR TWICE?????

I mean really you get close to the same shine if you do it twice at full rpm..

yes i tried the gel...ehh it works ok, and it was cloggin the pad a little...(no i didnt spread it like peanut butter)

now if i land this HUGE fookin acct we will see just how well the pink stuff works....of course 7 day a week service will amke anything look great :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I was stripping the floors in this lab
cadaverlabfloordn3.jpg

there are dead bodies in those stainless containers, a couple more in the next room

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom