Remember your first day suckin' rug?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I started in '99 working for a small outfit in Charlotte, NC. Being from NY, they called me Yankee from day 1. The owner was training me and handed me the wand to give it a go. We started in a far bedroom. I was intent on showing this guy I was worthy of my new job as carpet cleaning tech. Only moments later I hear him giggling like a kid. I turn around and he has Mrs. Jones' panties on his head. Class I tell ya'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
maybe Sam Miller could tell you about my first day...

I think I was sent out with this persian dude to learn how to continue his country's long history of respectful treatment of women. :icon_rolleyes:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Worked with a bunch of characters at Stanley Steemer in Rochester, NY too. One guy had several teeth missing in the front, never showered, and would flat out guilt Mrs. Smith into buying carpet rakes and door mats so that he could feed his almost starving children at home. He would laugh about it when we got back to the truck...he was one of the Crew Chiefs.

Able 1

Name
Keith
My first job was commercial glue down, Ti wand with no glide, brand new TM...:eekk: I thought what did I just do, I spent all this money, and I can't even push the wand!!:icon_redface::lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
very first paying job....got everything all set up to clean...and my brand new CDS unit....broke down....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
maybe Sam Miller could tell you about my first day...

I think I was sent out with this persian dude to learn how to continue his country's long history of respectful treatment of women. :icon_rolleyes:

He was palestinian.

Afief Amarni He probably hit on you too.

Just wet it and add a scoop of dirt to the tank?

I liked Afief.

I was 18 did a pizza/sub shop gotta free sandwich and did another apartment did about $180 at 37 % made $66.00 that was my best day for a while.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I did my first cleaning job in another country! At the ripe age of 50 we cleaned 3-4 houses and I was soloing after the first job. What did I really learn? How a tech with a GREAT personality can make his customers love him no matter the results of the job. Thanks Jamie you didn't even know it but you were teaching me the "real" tricks of what it takes to be a great carpet cleaner! (Doing a Great Job doesn't hurt any either)

Just like being a Great Manager, I was taught you can get a steak And a baked potatoe anywhere, it's the "EXPERIENCE" that makes the difference, thank you Rick Erwin, Greenville South Carolina "Erwin's".

Quite frankly it's amazing how much of what I learned about customer service in the restaurant business has helped us build our carpet etc business!

now it's time for another OJ & absolute! Very busy week, the family is away for a few hours and I'm just chilling as I wine down. Oh, it's all I have left from a Christmas Present ;)

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I would go get some however I'm not quite up to driving right now! LoL

Good thing I'm not set up for WDR right now ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom