Remind me again?

Chris A

Name
Chris
My chemical jug filling up instead of drawing down during cleaning means my ? (Check valves in pulse pump) are bad?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
On my Boxxer 421 the 3 way valve was loose. I took the knob off and tightened it up and it fixed the problem. This was after I rebuilt everything else.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My issue is that the one way valve at the and of the draw pipe that goes into the chemical (concentrate) jug, gets stuck (corroded- Procyon.) Therefore the mixed solution from the mix tank drains back to the concentrate jug.

Didn't happen much with other products, happens all the time with Procyon and Soap Free.

Chris A

Name
Chris
My issue is that the one way valve at the and of the draw pipe that goes into the chemical (concentrate) jug, gets stuck (corroded- Procyon.) Therefore the mixed solution from the mix tank drains back to the concentrate jug.

Didn't happen much with other products, happens all the time with Procyon and Soap Free.

Hmmm... I don't have a one way valve there , just a screw on filter maybe that's part of the problem. I run a soap free rinse as well so I'm all too familiar with the corrosion. I changed my boxxers chem system to all ss I just havent gotten this one done yet.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
On our SteamGenie it is a foot valve in the chem jug, we keep extras.

First time it backfilled we were going down the road, water in the floor board ain't good :dejection:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Some of the filters actually have a little metal ball and a spring that acts as a valve. The suction from the siphon, I guess, opens it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I double checked it today , just a straight screen no check valve... but I don't think that's my entire problem , seems I'm tearing into this chem system once every couple months really says something about the old siphon systems.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
There is no foot valve on the draw tube in the chem pump on your Boxxer. There could be a number of problems causing it to backfill. Replace hoses (get them at lowes pretty cheap) Get a rebuild kit for the pump (easy job, should take 10 minutes) if that doesn't work I would look at the 3 way valve. I've been through this problem and one of these are the issue.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Its probably check valves on your chemical pump I went from brass to stainless steel used soap free and DFC105 and brass denigrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris A

Name
Chris
Its probably check valves on your chemical pump I went from brass to stainless steel used soap free and DFC105 and brass denigrated.

Yeah i re-did all the fittings in stainless, I'm thinking of doing a ss chem pump next time around too cuz any anti-soap rinse eats that too... my TM mechanic showed me an eaten brass 3 way that had only Hydra-Dry run through it so maybe its not just the chems but the brass itself?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
diaphragm would cause the pump to stop flowing or lose flow the check valve back to chemical jug if stuck open would lose flow and fill your chemical jug. Mine had piece of brass sticking in the check valve . Im referring to my 405 but I believe hydromaster has the same setup on thier chemical pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom