Reminders via text messaging

Mikey P

Administrator
My dentist is using a system to let me know that it's time for descaling next week.

How many of YOUR customers do you think would agree to giving their cell number for this purpose?

6 and 12 month reminders, holiday specials.

No thank yous or other Fill My Schedule like cards, just keep it basic.

I still have it in my mind that people over 30 dont text much.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think over 60 you are Mike, I don't know anyone in their 50's or younger that doesn't text. Hell I even got my deceased father in law to start when he was in his later 70's, boy did create a monster. :mrgreen:

Bob Foster

senior.jpg

Bob Foster

I think that texting is a bit intrusive at this time. When I get a message or a call I consider it important enough to stop what I am doing and focus on the message or call. What seems to be missing is you can't really qualify the urgency of a text message because it doesn't say who the message was from when you are receiving it but only after you view it.

At least an email has a from portion on the header so you can choose to view it later. A text doesn't. This might upset a few people.

I personally would be annoyed by this type of message where I wouldn't if it was an email.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bob Foster said:
I think that texting is a bit intrusive at this time. When I get a message or a call I consider it important enough to stop what I am doing and focus on the message or call. What seems to be missing is you can't really qualify the urgency of a text message because it doesn't say who the message was from when you are receiving it but only after you view it.

At least an email has a from portion on the header so you can choose to view it later. A text doesn't. This might upset a few people.

I personally would be annoyed by this type of message where I wouldn't if it was an email.

Time to get a new or better smartphone Bob- mine tells me who from and the start of the message before opening, just like emails.

I would never send text alerts without permission as I am sure Mike's Dentist got from him. Personally I would not mind getting them, but frankly weith my smart phone synced wih my exchange server and Outlook I don't need anyone reminding me of things. Many others do like them.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
For me text messages are reserved for family and friends and I have a couple of customers that will text me with job info.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Name
I'm Rick James
In this area... without a doubt texting is huge im 32.. I have a few customers that only text me and I see so many of my customers texting while I am working. To be honest i would rather text than talk most of the time and was thinking of offer something similar just to see if it works.. saves on minutes too.

I think it will be an option a lot of people would be interested in doing in the coming years.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Take advantage of being ahead of the crowd Mike.

If you ask your customers how they prefer to be contacted, I'd bet that over half would choose text messaging if under 50 years old. If they're businesspeople, it will likely be more than 80%.

A friend in Dublin has been texting reminders for several years; customers love it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The Great Oz said:
Take advantage of being ahead of the crowd Mike.

If you ask your customers how they prefer to be contacted, I'd bet that over half would choose text messaging if under 50 years old. If they're businesspeople, it will likely be more than 80%.

A friend in Dublin has been texting reminders for several years; customers love it.

Ditto big time- almost all my bus communications are now done via text or mail. Phone calls drive me nuts.

Bob Foster

I stand corrected. My phone does say who it is that's texting. That's OK with me then.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I dont do reminder calls or texts, it gives the customer a chance to cancel. How many cancellations have u got from reminder calls?

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Very few though some rescheduled that usually say they had been meaning to call us but kept forgetting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bob Foster said:
Harper sent it to me.

Bob...is moving to the VILLAGES...here in FL.... :lol:

HIGHEST "STD RATE"....in the cOunTrY....... :shock:

I am going to DECLINE Bob's ...sKyPe cAllS... "UNTIL...Mike returns my "BLUE STATUS."

Wait....WaIt....WAIT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should turn ...BLUE...very sHortLY.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Mike will fork-over ...@-least ...$100.00 a day ...to aVoiD drEadEd SKYPEAGE..." ... :lol:

Becker

Name
Becker
Text reminders no.

If they book online they can opt for reminders..
Reminders go out automatically week of, day before, minutes before.

As far as texting.

I encourage my clients to use the form of communication that best suits them.

Since offering the texting option I seem to communicate with 4 or 5 clients weekly this way.

At least one has abused the option.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

email, text, website, phone. I have created many options for the client to book a job, or communicate.

Just like all the option I have for a client to pay me.

S

sam miller

I hate telemarketing and text advertising my phone texts I get up and oh joy are churh is signed up for text reminders every week every day something is driving me mad!

As for reminding someone one and being afraid they'll cancel is so much worse then driving there and they're not home cause Gas is so much cheaper then a phone call.

God I'm funny sorry I couldnt help it. :mrgreen:

Becker

Name
Becker
No. Not a stalker. But sent some interesting pics.

I promised Brent Dill the job if she ever books again, he seemed more than happy to take her on after reviewing the text messages in question.

Name
I'm Rick James
Becker said:
No. Not a stalker. But sent some interesting pics.

I promised Brent Dill the job if she ever books again, he seemed more than happy to take her on after reviewing the text messages in question.

For sure... I have no problem with that. The pics were.. wow.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ken Snow said:
[quote="The Great Oz":4yr024ly]Take advantage of being ahead of the crowd Mike.

Ditto big time- almost all my bus communications are now done via text or mail. Phone calls drive me nuts.[/quote:4yr024ly]

Same - I hate talking on the phone, most of the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom