Removed some added some

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Recently cleaned 6 dining room chairs. Tag said "polyester fiber".

chair1.jpg

The homeowner mentioned a prior cleaner had to come back to remove some yellowing. I used Prochem upholstery prespray and flushed with the Saphire tool. Sure enough the day after the cleaning she calls to let me know some yellowing appeared. Went back and found yellowing on several chairs, it was around piping and edges. All of the yellowing came out except for this on the back of one chair.

chair2.jpg

This was the worst of the yellowing and it didn't come out with regular upholstery prespray. The yellowing seems set in the fabric. I think this is a jacquard? Any thoughts on how to remove the yellowing if possible?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Recently cleaned 6 dining room chairs. Tag said "polyester fiber".

View attachment 92896

The homeowner mentioned a prior cleaner had to come back to remove some yellowing. I used Prochem upholstery prespray and flushed with the Saphire tool. Sure enough the day after the cleaning she calls to let me know some yellowing appeared. Went back and found yellowing on several chairs, it was around piping and edges. All of the yellowing came out except for this on the back of one chair.

View attachment 92895

This was the worst of the yellowing and it didn't come out with regular upholstery prespray. The yellowing seems set in the fabric. I think this is a jacquard? Any thoughts on how to remove the yellowing if possible?
It seems that the yellowing is in areas that more difficult to extract thoroughly. I would treat with browning treatment, flush with an acid rinse, thoroughly extract and towel dry. Sometimes a final light spray of browning treatment works wonders.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The tag deceived you.

Most of the time, those tags give you the product that is used as filler material underneath the fabric you’ve cleaned.

Ron’s suggestion as mentioned above should fix that for you.

If you have any more trouble, or would like to talk about it, call me at 412-751-3700.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Spritz some O2 scampoo and towel it off and call it done.
They are on the acid side anyway.

EncapPLUS with oxy-force from NILODOR is a good one.
$20.78 a gallon from www.alphasupplywarehouse.com

FREE shipping orders over $125

Don't pay $40 plus from some internet hucksters who sell scampoo

for the same thing

Reactions: Jim Morrison

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom