Removing dents from Quad wand, can it be done?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have a Prochem Quad wand. I bought it used and it has a lot of dents all over the tube. I guess it doesn't affect the way it works but I wish it looked cleaner. Is there a way to remove dings like that. Are there tools that can get in there and push the dents back out?
I just checked out how much a Titanium Quad is.......ouch!
I'm wondering if it might be possible to have a machine shop modify the wand and just replace the existing tube with a titanium tube. has anybody here tried that?

Name
Lee Stockwell
I had a muffler shop use their tool to push out where the hose end of the wand had been dented.

If only that tool could be slid down inside the wand to push out dents.

Name
Nate W.
I don't know how well this would work for a wand.....But my friend who would work on motorcycles would pop dents out of gas tanks by filling with water and putting it in the freezer... You'd probably need a deep chest "type" freezer for a wand...

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Now that's a really creative suggestion. A feww weeks ago I could have done that by simply putting the wand outside. But now it's spring and our freezer is full. No way for me to do that.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"can it be done".....sure anything in metal can be fixed....they would tig weld little tangs on all the dents...heat the tube then PULL the dents out then cut the tangs back off and smooth and re-polish.......BUT you'd have spent enough to buy THREE new wands...suck it up and buy a new one OR look lik someone who throws their wand around......
when i bought my brand new Greenhorn my doofus chimp let it fall ...the first day! big ol' dent....never did get over that one.....PLUS he then left it leaning against a fence in the ghetto......it was still there in the AM.....ya i fired him.............

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Would dry ice work?

We had a Harley in here from house fire a few years back, they client claimed we dinged the tank. We didn't ding it either but couldn't prove it left here without the ding. :cry: But since it was a large ticket job rather than cause an issue we agreed to pay for it.

So he took it over to our local dealership and used dry ice to remove the ding. Client was happy and invoice was minimal. :icon_cool:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
due to the wall thickness of a good wand....i doubt it!
some of those paintless dent removal guys can do wonders tho...........

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I knew of a guy that fixed dented motorcycle mufflers (expansion chambers) by plugging the ends and pressurizing to 80 psi. Then he heated the dent with an oxy/acetyline torch and let the pressure push the dent out.

Aside from being a tiny bit dangerous, I wonder how it would work with stainless. Have to polish it out at the very least...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i watched a paintless guy put a TORCH right on a dented PAINTED door......he HAD the touch..then put ice around the spot and it popped out lik magic.....rubbed the soot off a little an you couldn't even see where it was

Able 1

Name
Keith
"can it be done".....sure anything in metal can be fixed....they would tig weld little tangs on all the dents...heat the tube then PULL the dents out then cut the tangs back off and smooth and re-polish.......BUT you'd have spent enough to buy THREE new wands...suck it up and buy a new one OR look lik someone who throws their wand around......
when i bought my brand new Greenhorn my doofus chimp let it fall ...the first day! big ol' dent....never did get over that one.....PLUS he then left it leaning against a fence in the ghetto......it was still there in the AM.....ya i fired him.............

I thought he was fired because he backed into your basketball hoop and laughed? No?:smile:

Mike Draper

I'll one up u bob. I left my HOSS on a customers driveway the whole weekend. They were out of town. Went back Monday morning. There it was. I almost fired myself.

Reactions: Nate The Great

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I thought he was fired because he backed into your basketball hoop and laughed? No?:smile:

Oh I would have, lol

Can you Imagine Bawbs face ; )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

John Olson

Name
John Olson
no you cannot weld Titanium to Stainless. You can screw and epoxy a tube on but when your done you not only cost more then just buying a new 4 jet but you have ruined the wand you currently have as it wont ever be "right"

Reactions: gimmeagig
Name
Nate W.
Turn it into a stair tool by having someone cut off the dented section if possible and weld it shorter...Instead of junking it... Get a new wand... :smile:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Why would you want to take away the little dings that are the only sure sign of an experienced cleaner.

Would you really trust the cleaner who's wand is so shiny you could shave using it as a mirror?
The ones without a single scuff on their white tennis shoes?
The ones dressed in pure white, that stays that way throughout the day?

You clients want a professional:
Equipment slightly dinged.
Artfully, semi shaven.
Preferably, a few missing teeth.

Leave your dang wand unmolested, junior.

Last edited:

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Why would you want to take away the little dings that are the only sure sign of an experienced cleaner.

Would you really trust the cleaner who's wand is so shiny you could shave using it as a mirror?
The ones without a single scuff in their white tennis shoes?
The ones dressed in pure white, that stays that way throughout the day?

You clients want a professional:
Equipment slightly danged.
Artfully, semi shaven.
Preferrably, a few missing teeth.

Leave your dang wand unmolested, junior.

That's another way to look at it. I'll try to look at it that way. Not easy for me.... I'm German with OCD!

Chris A

Name
Chris
My wand is always cleaned, but battle scarred. I wouldn't have it any other way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom