Removing Indentations from Carpet?

steve r

the way it was explained to me...

the latex backing has memory. it wants to go back toits original shape but needs help. the ice cube wets the backing which softens the latex and as it dries it returns to its original shape. using a steamer or hot water does the same thing. it softens the latex backing so it can go back to its original shape.

i had a church that changed the pews around after 20 some years. they used a coffee pot to heat water and poured it on each spot and used a shop vac to soak up the water. all of the indents came out. then i came in and cleaned the water spots along with all the carpeting.

John Watson

After seeing all the responces with most the same remedys. One person said Inserts, yes, if your good enough and have the time or you might end up owning this carpet..

In a multi million dollar leased home my client was moving out of it was actuly written in the lease that after cleaning there was to be no furniture indentions left after move out.

After cleaning 70% were still visable. We tried leaving ice cubes, no real differance. we returned and steamed worked on another 20%.

Ended up getting donor like pad (an Omalon type foam which I had never seen before or after) from closets (replaced with rebond).

Making 1 slice, replace the pad, butter edges, using laytex and plain tape reconnect the backing.

To make it look 100% blended in we ended up going back and just steaming and grooming our way out.

Knew this was a job from the darkside at the beginning, we were covered by making sure this was a cost plus job..

The old tennant didn't want to replace the custom bordered, custom made, inferior desicrator ordered carpets.

I haven't had one like it since.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom