Removing old pipes from blowers

Chads

Supportive Member
How do you get them out of old blowers I have one that ineed to replumb and cant get them to budge 2 1/2 inch pipes i think?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: Old plumbing parts

chainwrench.jpg

if it is metal a little heat will also help.....

Chads

Supportive Member

I'm thinking I need that attached to a tank for leverage

RUGMAN1969

Been there done that....A spray can of PB Blaster.....can be found at any good auto parts store. Let soak for 24 hrs

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I would take my sawzall to it and cut it lengthwise until you barely hit the blower threads and then bend it inward and it'll come out. A hell of alot faster than any other way.

John Watson

2 hammers, Hold one against the pipe and hit opisite side with other. Will shockand help break threads loose. A good soaking in a penentrating oil and a Hot wrench if available. cutting, filing and bending have a bad ending if you go to far.....

A good chain strap wrench like Jim showes with a cheater pipe works wonders also...

Jim, Like that one better than the Vice grip one I have from back in my welding days..

nickreal

36" Pipe Wrench and use a cheater. If you don't want to invest in a 150 dollar pipe wrench get a plumber to do it for a six pack or something.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

I hammer drilled lead anchors in my garage floor for jus this problem! If you heat..make sure that you don expand the fitting itsef.....cuz you will.....

Jay D

Name
Jay D

I had a devil of a time taking one out too. Tried just about ALL the above and finally took it to my rental/mechanic buddy. He used oxy/acetalyne torch, big hammer and a chisel. cut it from the inside and caved in the fitting with the chisel and hammer. what a pain....... :x

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom