Repair or Get new

americlean

Had a hose burst on me today right at the fitting. The rest of the hose looks in good condition. Would you repair? Hose is only a few months old.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steel braid JUNK?

personally, I wouldn't trust it once repaired.
I "might" keep it on board for a emergency usable length that would stay OUTSIDE of the home.
I'd never trust it inside on a job again though

..L.T.A.

Chads

Supportive Member
Take it back from where you got it from tell them to honor and fix it or give you a new one.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Here is a list of people who could afford to throw away a brand new hose that leaked at the fitting after 2 months (the rest of us would get it repaired for $20) :
1 Warren Buffett United States 77 62.0 United States
2 Carlos Slim Helu & family Mexico 68 60.0 Mexico
3 William Gates III United States 52 58.0 United States
4 Lakshmi Mittal India 57 45.0 United Kingdom
5 Mukesh Ambani India 50 43.0 India
6 Anil Ambani India 48 42.0 India
7 Ingvar Kamprad & family Sweden 81 31.0 Switzerland
8 KP Singh India 76 30.0 India
9 Oleg Deripaska Russia 40 28.0 Russia
10 Karl Albrecht Germany 88 27.0 Germany
11 Li Ka-shing Hong Kong 79 26.5 Hong Kong
12 Sheldon Adelson United States 74 26.0 United States
13 Bernard Arnault France 59 25.5 France
14 Lawrence Ellison United States 63 25.0 United States
15 Roman Abramovich Russia 41 23.5 Russia
16 Theo Albrecht Germany 85 23.0 Germany
17 Liliane Bettencourt France 85 22.9 France
18 Alexei Mordashov Russia 42 21.2 Russia
19 Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud Saudi Arabia 51 21.0 Saudi Arabia
20 Mikhail Fridman Russia 43 20.8 Russia
21 Vladimir Lisin Russia 51 20.3 Russia
22 Amancio Ortega Spain 72 20.2 Spain
23 Raymond, Thomas & Walter Kwok Hong Kong NA 19.9 Hong Kong
24 Mikhail Prokhorov Russia 42 19.5 Russia
25 Vladimir Potanin Russia 47 19.3 Russia

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jon, Find a good hydraulics shop and get it fixed. Had both of the lines on the Vortex's re-crimped last month. Give me a call if you have any questions. By the way $12.00 for both :wink:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Art Kelley said:
Here is a list of people who could afford to throw away a brand new hose that leaked at the fitting after 2 months (the rest of us would get it repaired for $20) :

"leak""

it burst

may YOU'D take the risk in someone's home , but I won't.
hell, i won't even USE instant failure prone steel braid JUNK inside a home

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Semantics. If a leak has 500 psi shooting through it you could call it a burst. It doesn't matter when water is spraying everywhere. In any event, it was a failure of the connection, not the hose.

Greenie

Just for the record not everyone has access to a quick $12 repair, and some shops just won't do it anymore.

Since the POS steelbraid hose isn't that old, I would TRY and get a hydraulic hose shop to do the repair, but then follow Meat's lead and keep it as a secondary non-lead hose from here on out.

Some thermo-plastic will serve you better inside the house (well will serve 9 out 10 cleaners better) the 10% that hate it can just remain quiet for the duration of this thread.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jon, Just decide which one of us really knows what he is talking about, and I am sure you can find a good repair shop in Lynchburg,Va. :roll:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Since when is steel braid any less "coily" than thermo plastic? That stuff is the shits.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I am at nearly 4 years on my original parker hose, no breaks no repairs, no problems, I would be on my 4th set of goodyears, spent 3x the money, had less heat, and possibly could have had to repainted a customers house due to black death. get parker, greenies' blue hose isn't nearly as coily as the original yellow stuff I bought

Able 1

Name
Keith
Someone have a pic of the different styles by chance? I use the Goodyears hose and really only had a problem once, right the crimp...

Is this other hose you guys are talking about the kind that would generally be on an upholstery tool?

Take it to your local auto parts store and have them fix it. Most of them have a hydraulic hose crimper. We do it all the time and have no problems.

G

I would say thermo just for the freakin weight issue(I dont want to here about the coiling Marty)was using someone elses truck and I was pulling my hair out fighting that other sH#$%.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, that stuff is so light it coils up all around your feet and never loosens up.

And that Goodyear stuff lays flat. Heavy? Get to a gym.

G

Im from cali,didn't you mean Jim? :lol: Anyway,if you get them hot enough they will lay out better.I dont use a reel for it either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom