Repair.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Doing a rental today and the edges by two bathrooms are pretty frayed and torn. By one bathroom I can stretch enough to just cut and tuck it back. The other one is about 2 inches frayed.

I would love to fix this for them but not sure how exactly. If there is a good video online or any good tips I would apprieciate it.

I have a knee kicker and a behr claw.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
You say you have a knee kicker and behr claw... do you have any seaming gear etc? I assume so if you're asking such a question. SO...

Do a search in the gold mine.

Heaps of info in there and Stevea has posted a lot of videos over time so you may find something that will help you.

Possibly your biggest problem will be sourcing a good match for your donor piece.

If that's not an option, trim back to a straight edge, hopefully between the rows/tufts and seam another piece in, stretch in, cut the excess off and tuck in.

Sounds simple aye, but honestly it's really just DOING it taht will make more sense.

A couple of things, check and or replace the tack strip incase the pins have been damaged from being exposed. Seal the raw edges before seaming. check you gully width (why did it come out the first time?) etc.

Hopefully others will chime in with some more bits and pieces.

John

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Why chime in John when you gave a great responce. I would guess that the rental company may have a some left over material as they will often buy large stock rolls for greatly reduced prices if they are renting any sizable areas or apartements.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom