Repeat vs. New Customers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Let's take a minute and discuss the average repeat rate we should be at.

When I look at my chart, all I have is a difference between repeat and new customers. I don't know if that's accurate, because I get more new customers every week (due to word of mouth and SEO) vs. repeat jobs, which makes my repeat jobs look lower. So how can I find a good number on my repeat only?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

When I look at my chart, all I have is a difference between repeat and new customers. I don't know if that's accurate, because I get more new customers every week (due to word of mouth and SEO) vs. repeat jobs, which makes my repeat jobs look lower. So how can I find a good number on my repeat only?
Learn to count.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags

It depends on if your in a growth time of your business or your not advertising as much.

I think if actively growing 20% seems fair

If low advertising and not trying to grow I would think 40%

This is just what I think 🤔

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If you have repeat business....there is something wrong : )

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
In the last 6 months, It's been 52% repeat and 48% new

But the number changes since 2017. So I'm assuming that the number I have in the last 2 years is more accurate? Heck, I don't know. I'm just confusing myself

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I’ll be honest. I have repeat customers but I prefer new customers. I really prefer empty houses and phone payment. Repeat customers are just to talky.
But to the point of the thread my repeat business is maybe 15-20% and it’s mostly commercial.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah i think you want two years, not 6 mos.
Tally up all the the client you aquired the past 2 years (C) and how many you served more than once (R).

(R/C)* 100= repeat rate%

I think joe talked about this

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I’ll be honest. I have repeat customers but I prefer new customers. I really prefer empty houses and phone payment. Repeat customers are just to talky.
But to the point of the thread my repeat business is maybe 15-20% and it’s mostly commercial.
I love repeats almost all profit

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My repeat customers never ask the price, usually have the furniture moved and the carpets are vacuumed. What's not to like?

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
0 – 15%No customer retention campaigns
16 – 30%Inconsistent customer retention campaigns such as the occasional seasonal mailer, random newsletters, and random reminders (2 to 3 mailings each year per customer)
31 – 50%Consistent generic mailings such as newsletters and/or some basic reminders. (4-12 mailings each year per customer)
51 – 80%Consistent targeted mailings such as ServiceMonster’s FillMySchedule. (4 mailings each year per customer)
Over 80%Repeat rates of over 80% are usually urban legends or the result of an improper calculation. A few of our customers have repeat rates this high as a result of consistent client campaigns from all channels (email, mail, and phone) and the correct alignment of the planets.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
My repeat customers never ask the price, usually have the furniture moved and the carpets are vacuumed. What's not to like?
I don’t dislike repeats. For instance, I have one monthly residential repeat. It’s a 3 room $145r for this retired guy. He hems me up for 2 1/2 hours for a 45 min job. He has great stories and I enjoy the conversation, but I really have to stay on schedule. For some reason all my residential repeats turn into this. Maybe I’m too talkative. Anyway, it’s a time suck. That’s why I like new residential customers and repeat commercial.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I don’t dislike repeats. For instance, I have one monthly residential repeat. It’s a 3 room $145r for this retired guy. He hems me up for 2 1/2 hours for a 45 min job. He has great stories and I enjoy the conversation, but I really have to stay on schedule. For some reason all my residential repeats turn into this. Maybe I’m too talkative. Anyway, it’s a time suck. That’s why I like new residential customers and repeat commercial.
You must be a good listener. I got accused of that recently. The guy said telling me about all his problems had been therapeutic. I told him I would send him a separate bill for my psychiatric services.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom