Replacement jets for Rx-20

TimP

What are you guys doing to replace your jets on your RX-20's Are you using the round jets are going to a flat jet like a regular wand with jet extenders?

I'm interested in the regular ones with extenders but i'm not sure how it would work w/o a glide since I'm not interested in gliding it cause I only use it a couple months a year.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
don't go with the cone jets..stay with the type you have now...Just put check valve extenders on them and bring the closer to the carpet....with or with out glides it does a good job....

TimP

the cone jets are what's on it right now from the factory. I think greenie or someone needs to hook me up.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you have the 3 cone jets...un plug the other 2 ports and set it up like the old style 5 t jets with extensions...it will be a whole new machine for you and clean 10 times better.....Still makes me wonder why they were stupid enough to mess with that star in the first place....talk about a step backwards...If it ain't broke don't fix it....

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
talk about a step backwards...If it ain't broke don't fix it....

You can say that again.

Any RX-20 we bring in has the old style star on it.

No one like the new one.

TimP

MicahR said:
talk about a step backwards...If it ain't broke don't fix it....

You can say that again.

Any RX-20 we bring in has the old style star on it.

No one like the new one.

I'm not about to buy a new star

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
read my post again...un-plug the 2 ports on your star and put 5 jets back on it.....Unless they changed something I am not aware of ..they took the same star and plugged to ports and put cone jets on the other 3

Pull the plugs and pick up 2,.... 1/4 inch brass nipples ..I think they are 4 inches long... and a 90 and then just add the extenders and jets.........

Name
BradFenstermaker
what are the jet size's? I need to check and compare to the rx I have borrowed.

What is the stock T jet size?

Name
Nate W.
X2. I also need a set of extenders and jets. I need to dust off my rx and have Greenie pimp it for me. :D

Greenie

To add:

You could stay with the three you have just add "short" checkvalve jet extenders for non-glided, or Long checkvalve extenders for glided.

In general I promote keeping the 015 flow for the 5 jet guys, cause 7.5 flow is pretty good on an RX and you tend to be trigger time intensive. But if you've got the heat, you can easily run 010 flow with 02s all the way around.

Now back to just keeping 3 nipples and 3 jets...Most definitely never ever replace them with the POS cone jets, but....you can can put some 9503 or 9504 1/8" Vee jets on there.

The super flow x3, clean really well, you buy less jets, you buy less (1/8" NPT stainless 4" or brass 4" nipples), I like the SS nipples because the HUB is brass, the 45 elbows are brass, and the jets with or without extenders will always be SS, nothign gets boogered with this set up.

So....go get some 1/8" vee jet in stainless 9503 for your CDS Tim, and short checkies.

TimP

Remember the HE shoes are half slot shoes, so is the 95 deg spray pattern going to be too wide? The cone jets that come with the machine spray just where the slots are in the shoes. Also isn't the standard flow rate on the cone jets 02 flow?, if that's the case I'd rather stay with 02 (or the same) flow cause the heat is where I want it. I run the solution on the RX 100% of the time while cleaning and don't do dry strokes. That's the way I've always run it and never had a problem with dry times or heat (200 deg ATM).

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I forgot about the half assed half slotted shoes.....If you decide to go with changing it to 5 jets let me know...I have a set of full slot shoes sitting in the garage you can have. I replaced mine because they did not like to hold the glides. But if you are going to go glide less then they will work for you....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I totally agree on ditching the factory cone-jets.

I generally replace them with three 80° Veejets with either 02 or 03 openings.

That give a total of 06 or 08 jet flow.

I like the straighter jet spray for more impact.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom