Request A Quote feature on your sites

Mikey P

Administrator
How many requests a week/month do you get and what is your conversion rate?

I find most of ours have a Apt # attached to them so being on the pricey side we don't convert many...

Appears to be a good way to price shop with out the humiliation of admitting you're cheap, broke or DGAS about quality.

rip away Ken...:winky:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Just lose the Request a Free Quote line and keep the other. When you give someone that option I would bet they rarely choose the other.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
conversion rate?

If we respond(email) with our info and prices, not good. If we respond with phone call(make sure your form requires phone #), very good. Too much info for them to understand in an email.

Our form says, "schedule an appt. online or ask questions by giving us some info below."

Reactions: Ron Werner

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I get 4 to six a day. Never bothered to calculate the rate. I assume it is not very high.

For me it depends on what you use the "price quote" response for.

In other words and I am making assumptions here: Ken's prices are on the lower side, chances are that he will have a high conversion rate.
I use it also as a qualifier. I don't go and give free estimates. I do want new clients that will a 'good fit' for what I offer and charge. Therefore I also use it as a way to weed out the people that are not likely to be a client.
Why waste their and my time.

However, unlike Ken, I am a "boutique" cleaner. No carpet cleaning world domination agenda here :winky:
Just in case you were wondering.

Reactions: Ken Snow

mcatt

Name
Mike
Can't stand them as I have little time to respond. However I know it's a necessary evil so I do it. As far as conversion rate I would say 50%

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
4-8 a week, average 50-60% conversion, but that varies. At the moment, heaps of price shoppers with student university over for the year and all their tenancy cleans.

John

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Just a reminder. IF you include any sort of "contact form" (and you should) then PLEASE respond immediately. I'm always amazed at how often I hit a "request for quote" or "call me with more information" and I NEVER hear from the company... ever.

One more field to add would be "when is the best time for us to call?"

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I'm sure there is a plug-in out there for your web-site that will alert you with a text or email every time someone fills out your contact form.

Reactions: Jack May

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
PS I'm sure there is a plug-in out there for your web-site that will alert you with a text or email every time someone fills out your contact form.
Yea we get an email to Dan, John, myself, I usually get it first and distribute it to whom ever needs to receive it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can see why you might not want to respond yourself, but the question I have is ... did Dan first come up with the idea of you not contacting customers directly, or was it your wife's idea?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey I'm a people person.........just keep them people away from me and we're good. :biggrin:

I usually respond if they only leave an email and pass it off if they want a quote to my younger brother Luis. If they have questions on mold remediation or restoration services I'll pass it on to one of my supervisors.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
i get a few, more so I get phone calls. If they email via my "request form", I convert very few of those once I give them a rough estimate; even with a price range my lowest price is still almost double what some idiots, sorry, other "professionals" are willing to clean for.
If they phone, I usually convert better than 80%.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
With my iPhone and iPad set to have emails pushed all the time, I get the emails almost immediately.

Wherever possible, I try and respond immediately, as that greatly increases the conversion rate. If I'm working, no more than half an hour.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Because I'm usually at my desk unless in a meeting I respond quickly too but the vast majority that drop off are due to price.

We're not Cali expensive but we're not the cheap guy either. Our clientele is made up of those that want a higher level of service and are willing to pay for it. Some are going to stumble upon us assuming we are a commodity and are shocked when they realize a price difference.

It happens, we can't be all thing to all people. :icon_neutral:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Just lose the Request a Free Quote line and keep the other. When you give someone that option I would bet they rarely choose the other.

Interesting approach Ken. Are you not loosing a the 'price shoppers' that you may be able to convert by only asking them to request an appointment or do you figure they will send you an email regardless?

At this stage, I have the most basic of contact forms, but was intending to rip of Mikey's concept and go a mult approach form for booking or quoting with more detail requested.

John

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Most have already made the decision to use us, plus for our service a second mortgage is not required :eek:
Not to be picky Ken, but maybe if it was required, you'd be able to pay your first mortgage a little faster :winky:

I used to clean a hotel here in down town San Francisco and their slogan was:
"Spend the weekend.
Not your lifetime savings." :icon_razz:

Reactions: Ken Snow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom