Required 3rd party software as a vendor/trade partner...?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Anyone have experience using Supply Pro software from hyphensolutions.com when working as a trade partner? We are reviewing contract to be a vendor and it says use of this program is mandatory for all trade partners. Website is vague in terms of cost, if any.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this. Did you have to "pay to play" to use software or was the cost absorbed by the client hiring you since they require you to use it? I have reached out to my contact at the company, but wanted some perspective from those in this situation.

They are also requiring Electronic payment terms...I'm ok with that, but I heard when you use this type software you have to pay for every work order processed etc. and a fee for getting your money electronically. After skimming the huge document, looks like they will charge a fee depending on the payment terms we want....7-10 days, 1% if we wait 30 days, then they take nothing. Paid by their credit card system...no fee from them but then my credit card processing company takes their %.

This is a whole new ball game for us. Happy to be stepping in to some higher profile commercial work, but man the paperwork and contracts!!!

Reactions: WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Darden resturaunts (we do a few olive gardens and Capital Grill on the strip for them) requires us to upload invoices through a system that is on their site. We aren't charged for processing on there. The best thing about those programs is you know when your invoice is received and processed. They send us automated emails when a check is sent, etc. They also require 30 day net pay, and don't offer shorter pay terms.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
...They also require 30 day net pay, and don't offer shorter pay terms.
Will - A little trick I did in the commercial space with those that wanted net 30. Since it's a contract, bill them at the beginning of the month or change your company name to The Bank of Natural Dry. Be careful, they will try and stretch you out after a bit of time. My experience, but I have heard same from others.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Luckily since this ends up being a post construction and post settlement of the house (it was part of the walk-through punch list) we now don’t have to be a vendor set up that way. They found a way to in let us invoice them so we don’t have to participate in the system and pay for it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom