Resale Value on Upholstery

Spurling

Lady has a nice sectional for sale .. she paid $3000 for it 10 years ago .. what would it be worth now .. its in good condition .. no tears, no stains , no pets .. synthetic fabric .. shows it normal use .. sofa love and chaise .. measures aprox 20 ft L shape .. thanks

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Broyhill Says that the value drops 15% per year. Take the age of furniture by 15.

So, they should pay you to haul it off.

I have had to pay to have garages of that kind of stuff hauled off from several homes.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Spurling said:
Lady has a nice sectional for sale .. she paid $3000 for it 10 years ago .. what would it be worth now .. its in good condition .. no tears, no stains , no pets .. synthetic fabric .. shows it normal use .. sofa love and chaise .. measures aprox 20 ft L shape .. thanks

couple hundred bucks ..tops

unless you screwed it up cleaning it and you have to "buy" it
then she'll expect it's worth $2000.... :shock:

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
meAt said:
Spurling said:

couple hundred bucks ..tops

unless you screwed it up cleaning it and you have to "buy" it
then she'll expect it's worth $2000.... :shock:

..L.T.A.

Just a note:
As far as replacement value for screwing something up. You only should have to pay the prorated value. For instance carpet in a house is reduced in value 10% per year for replacement cost and carpet in commercial use prorates by 20% per year.

Spurling

no .. not a screw up .. I just finished remodeling the family room and Im too cheap/broke to buy new furniture .. its listed on craigslist for $650 .. I was gonna offer $250 .. thanks for your help

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You Know sometimes swapping for cleaning services can be a great way to acquire furniture.

I finished an entire office that way years ago. Several nice desks, office chairs, commercial art work for the walls and furniture for the reception area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom