Restaurant tile

steve_64

This is a carpet cleaning account that is replacing the carpet and resurfacing the parking lot. They want me to clean the tile.

This is the nicest place in town.

KIMG0077.jpg
KIMG0082.jpg
KIMG0084.jpg

Bathrooms, entrance and lobby area. Low expectations so I know they will love it.

They hesitated in price but agreed with my $400 price no sealing mentioned.

steve_64

I know Fred. This is why I don't go out to eat much.

Scrapers and wire brushes will get a work out. Me too.

vents and ceiling tiles need cleaning bad too along with chairs and tables.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have 2800 square feet of that exact tile and grout tonight in couple hours... Plus another 2800 square feet of carpet in bad shape... And then another 2800 of tile and grout in the front gas station convience store and bathrooms....

This is going to be a crazy long night!

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Bet there is a lot of damaged grout under that grease. This will be a great before and after for your web site!

steve_64

Yes I will be taking more pics. And I pointed out some areas already and it's understood some damage may occur.

Bought a tile wand recently and other tile tools. Looking forward to this job.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Gotta love the old McDonalds tile. Mm mm the smell of French fries is coming to mind. In a town of subway and mom and pops this could be considered high end but def. not where I live.

I have to remind people though, check with your local health inspector to see if you are allowed to seal the grout. In my area that is a big no no and will get points off on your next health inspection.

steve_64

Mark do you leave the stripes or groom those out?

Went to do the job and they aren't ready. Heading back in a bit. It's only a couple minutes away.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark do you leave the stripes or groom those out?

Went to do the job and they aren't ready. Heading back in a bit. It's only a couple minutes away.
yep, I was thinking a little streaky as well.

The pics were before any dry passes...actually mellowed out that look....

But also...this carpet if you look close is about done...

Has all kinds of ripples in it...

They are talking replacement this coming winter

steve_64

I was talking about the lines the width of the zipper. Do you guys groom those out? I don't see you making back gammon boards with that thing

steve_64

I looked at the tile today and it looked like crap to me. To much grout didn't clean up. Not all my fault though.

Couldn't get to it till late and they were rushing us. Genny did much of the scrubbing with the crb but we didn't work on the grout lines specifically. I don't think we used enough product neither.

Just a tough job to do without all the issues like them getting in the way constantly trying to move things around.g getting ready to open in the morning after a major remodel.

No guilt on this one just wish it turned out better.

hogjowl

Idiot™
IMG_0635.JPG
This is a carpet cleaning account that is replacing the carpet and resurfacing the parking lot. They want me to clean the tile.

View attachment 18845 View attachment 18846 View attachment 18847
Bathrooms, entrance and lobby area. Low expectations so I know they will love it.

We have a school kitchen and dining room we do every summer with that same tile in it. The tool in the picture above well adjust to a straight stream that is very effective on grout such as that.

Reactions: steve_64
C

carrie palmer

Remove old wax layers and freshen up your floor by washing it with mixture of ammonium and water. Wipe away leftover residue witha aclen cloth or spnge and then a rinsing. If mildew is there 1/4 cup ammonia would do the trick. I would suggest WD-40 which would give a little too shiny look

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
"Experience" is can often be defined as, "what you get when you didn't get what you wanted" That being said, I restored floors for the king of fortune 500 food chains. The pics you shared are great/super/wonder examples of tile floors world wide in not just the big food chains but eating establishments nationwide and into Canada. 5 years of R&D and endless corporate communication between the insurance industry and the individual franchise corp's brought me nothing but grief. Restoring and maintaining an abused restaurant floor isn't hard at all. Some chemistry, serious heat, a wee bit more psi then we're used to hearing about and a little organization while on the job. If they (your customer, the individual customers) go back to the insane routine of mopping, the floors will require the same restorative cleaning 4-6 months down the calendar. The shock of seeing the restored appearance will have long worn off when you present the next invoice to have it cleaned. This is the madness of cleaning restaurant floors here in the US....in 102 words May the Schwartz be with you.

Reactions: steve_64

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom