Restorative Carpet Cleaning

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Exactly what are we saying is "restorative" carpet cleaning? Are we restoring the color?, the original pile texture?, re-twisting the tufts?, filling in all the scratches so the light bounces back?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
How about simply removing the maximum amount of foreign soil in order to return the carpet to a clean and healthy state. We CAN'T fix damage to the fibers, but we can help prevent further damage.

Ideally a restorative cleaning will start with a thorough dry soil removal and possibly a pile lifting if the pile is severely crushed. Then a good preconditioner and spotting to break down the soils and oils in our carpets, proper agitation of the fibers, and a good thorough hot water flushing to remove the oily soils and restore the resilience of the fiber... And if you are feeling frisky you can apply a proper flourchemical protector to replenish the stain resistance.

ascrubabove

No, not BS, a restorative cleaning is time and labor intensive cleaning that can add years to a carpets life. Sweendog is on the money. People can't afford to replace it, but get a restorative cleaning and can enjoy thier carpets for many more years.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well lets look at the different levels: You can use powder cleaners like Host and Capture.. Sure you can remove "some" soil but you end up leaving behind a lot of the powder.

Then their is interim cleaning using low moisture methods.. ie encap. pad capping, bonnet cleaning.. ext. They work for keeping soils in check but don't remove large amounts of soiling,, if at all.

Then you have a couple variations of steam cleaning:

A) Straight steam cleaning using detergents or for the real hacks.. water. and no pre vac or preconditioner.
B) PreVac and Steam clean.. again no preconditioner
C) Preconditioner and Suck.. no prevac or prescrub
D) Pre Vac, Precondition and Extract no prescrub
E) Pre Vac, Precondition, prescrub, Extract

I don't think anyone is going to argue that E is going to remove the largest amount of soil from a carpet, assuming they take the time to do each step properly and use quality products and equipment.

When a carpet was new or near new.. it did not come with all of the soil. A quality Restorative Cleaning should aim at removing as much of the soil as possible to restore it back as close as possible to like new condition.

Now do some people use it as a marketing gimmick and do one of the lesser methods when they say they are going to restoritively clean... absolutley. And there are also carpets that don't need a restorative cleaning and carpets that are beyond a restorative cleaning. Its up to us as professionals advice our customers one what level of service they may need.

That is why I have a hard time offering package pricing. We have them, but I don't offer customers choices unless I feel they are going to be penny pinchers. We are the experts on what level a carpet may need and thus its up to us to find a solution that works within out customers budget and removes the most soil from their carpet.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The term "Restorative" is best described along side "Maintenance", ie a "maintenance" cleaning has minimal soiling, sort of like your clothes after a day. You know they need washing but they aren't looking like they went through a mudpile. Restorative refers to a carpet that is well beyond "maintenance", ie beige carpet that hasn't been cleaned in 8yrs and the traffic areas are black. Requires a stronger cleaning solution, more effort in agitation, and more rinse, ie just more time and effort.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
On the contrary... I think I was the one who was verbose.. Look at my post previous to yours... You got the same point across in a single paragraph. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom