Resturant Carpet Cleaning

Tornado

I have an account that is a resturant. They have a hallway that is full of dirt and grease. You can see right where every one has walked the traffic lane is easy to spot. I was wondering what is the best method for cleaning on a job like that. What can I ad to my traffic lane to give it an extra kick? Also would pre spraying then washing the pre spray out with extraction detergent and then rinsing every thing with rinse be the right thing to do? In other words I guess performing three steps Traffic lane, Detergent & Rinse. Thanks!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Tornado said:
Also would pre spraying then washing the pre spray out with extraction detergent and then rinsing every thing with rinse be the right thing to do? In other words I guess performing three steps Traffic lane, Detergent & Rinse. Thanks!

NO, that's a waste of time and juice for a greasy spoon.
Unless you're getting large dollars for this resty (which is rare) nuke it with a sledgehammer pre-spray and flush/rinse extract with a quality emulsifier thru the TM

if they're paying anywhere near what a grease pit is worth to clean, then roto scrub the pre-spray and flush/rinse extract with 1/2 the amount of emulsifier thru TM

Note; you didn't mention if this is a wool or synthetic carpet.
The above procedure applies ONLY to synthetic goods

..L.T.A.

tim

The key is to mix the prespray hot, make sure it has an enzyme like Powerburst or Enzall, scrub with a Cimex or 175, rinse at high flow, wear your superman cape to collect the check cause you will be the hero. You will see a new kind of clean. Just clean out the waste tank well afterwards! It will be full of black grease.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Whatever you end up using... Just be sure to mist it down with an encap & bonnet or OP over everything. It helps bring it up a notch or 3... Hit the really gross traffic areas with a mist of Magic Bullet and pad it in... For this purpose it's pretty awesome.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
just wondering if it is even worth keeping these almost neutral prespray arond ie.. zone perfect. Im started to think its just good for general cleaning. just did a dentist office hall way 4 ft wide not a lot of room for wear, and the lanes didnt come as clean as i have seen in other place. the carpet is looped nylon, and dont think it has been cleaned after install around 3 to 5 yrs. didnt look aweful, but worn and little little yellowish. not happy with the results. just wondering if the threads are scratched and not reflecting light. or maybe i screwed something up? Bummed :?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
1) A quality prespray for formulated for greasy carpet. I would suggest Flex
2) Boost it with some Citrus Solv
3) Use hot water when applying prespray
4) Agiatet prespray with CRB (Counter-rotating brush machine) or 175 RPM swing machine and brush or beige pad
5) Rinse with a good emulsifier. Use hottest water available for rinsing
6) Post spray with encapsulation product designed to reduce / prevent wicking. I suggest Encapuguard.

Scott Warrington
Technical Support
Interlink Supply / Bridgepoint Systems

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
If the carpet is olifen,would you use the traffic slam, in place of the flex?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Erik said:

Flex works better on grease and oils. Traffic Slam works better on tracked in particles and helps somewhat to reduce wicking on olefin. Given the description as being greasy, I would probably stay wiht Flex. But if it was olefin and a high traffic area with foot traffic from outside, I might switch to Traffic Slam.

scottw said:
Erik said:

Flex works better on grease and oils. Traffic Slam works better on tracked in particles and helps somewhat to reduce wicking on olefin. Given the description as being greasy, I would probably stay wiht Flex. But if it was olefin and a high traffic area with foot traffic from outside, I might switch to Traffic Slam.

Sorry Scott, but Flex totally sucks for cleaning restaurants. I tried Flex, Kaboom (12.5 ph), and Powerstrike, and nothing would cut the grease at one of the restaurants I was cleaning. Switched back to a reliable enzyme and bam the grease melted. I was using Powerburst. Also Flex is very foamy. The zone perfect prespray is great though.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
My method:
Sweep,
prespray with -Flex mixed with citrus solve and boost all or bio-break
Scrubb with 175 and tan pad
quickly prespray again just to make sure it does not dry
extract with white lightning for really bad filth.. or with power point
post spot if needed
rinse spotted areas
spray encap on floor
put blowers on floor to speed dry..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
C&S said:
My method:
Sweep,
prespray with -Flex mixed with citrus solve and boost all or bio-break
Scrubb with 175 and tan pad
quickly prespray again just to make sure it does not dry
extract with white lightning for really bad filth.. or with power point
post spot if needed
rinse spotted areas
spray encap on floor
put blowers on floor to speed dry..

dayum....I admire your dedication to hi-quality work, Scott
but there's about one in a hundred restys here that would pay for what that's worth

maybe a tip that might help your efficiency...instead of re-spraying to keep the P-S wetted out, use the wand to spray.
lots faster

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah i have done that before.. when i respray i usually just set the dillution really low so its just water coming out..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom