resturant hot water

easy1dave

When hooked up to the hot water in a resturant that is real hot mess your pump up on your TM?While going threw it.Thanks Dave

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
If you have an engine-coolant HX and no exhaust diverter you could be dumping a lot of water into the waste tank unless you use mega-flow.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I depends on your pump I believe.

I "think" most TM pumps are good to at least 160
if i recall, think I've read specs rated to 180

..L.T.A.

easy1dave

I have propane heat.No dumping water in waste tank.Just worry about hot water going threw my cat pump thanks.Dave

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
EasyDave;

Restaurant water can be 160°.

The maximum temperature for pumps is 160°.

So:

If you let off the wand trigger for a while, the temperature in the pump will climb,

and you will lose water pressure.

Running over the maximum temperature will shorten the pump seals lifetime.

And void the seal's warranty.

Larry

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
if you haven messed up anything yet. just turn the water on until it seems little bit hotter than you would take a shower. then let your tm finish heating it up.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I remember right (?)......pumps come with 160 degree seals.........but you can get high temp seal (180 degrees) for them......I replaced mine with high tempture seals because I have had my fresh tank up to 160 degrees when we are at the peak of our hot summers...I figured for the extra money why push there limit ..just get the better ones and never worry about it again...........

Greenie

I've never seen this in print, but logic would dictate that heat is bad for pumps, so a little heat will shorten the life a bit, and a lot will shorten the life a lot. So pick your poison.
Also regulators don't like hot water either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom