Review of DD12 and Quat-a-lot...Useless.

Gary Taylor

Make sure the dog is gone..... And then try smoking while cleaning. Should cover up the dog odor.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
if it smells that heavy of dog I check to make sure there wasnt any urine. maybe disengage the carpet and check the pad. IF there is no urine and it smells that much like dog you may need to address more than the carpet. I had that happen to me once and I used a fogger and blasted the place ontop of cleaning the carpet out. same thing happens with some ethnic people who leave the rentals smellin like curry and masala. Cleaning the carpet helps but sometimes is not the total solution. May even need to wipe down any hard surfaces also

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I usually run across this problem when there is a Labador Retriever or Lab mix in the house. The Lab skin / fur oil is the worst! Odorcide has never let me down. Apply, dwell, extract, get paid. You need to extract odorcide because the chemical smell is worse than the dog!

How did it turn out?

hogjowl

Idiot™
So far, so good, on my job. They haven't called complaining yet. Since I didn't charge them anything because it was a reservice, I might not hear from them again. After about 5 minutes, my nose was burned out and I couldn't smell anything anyway.

Bob Foster

Judson Quat-A-Lot works very well for me. Some things you will never get the stink out of so don't blame the product you're applying, especially if you don't follow the manufacturers recommended procedures.

If you don't get the solution down to where the stink originates from or if you don't let the solution dwell long enough - no product will work. Scrub it in and let it dwell a good 20 minutes or more. Then claw and flush the crap out of it.

Quat-A-Lot, as illustrated by its powerful smell when applied - has probably 10 to 20 times the amount of active ingredient of any of its competitive products. But it won't work if you don't use it correctly.

Stinky as Quat-A-Lot is, when you thoroughly rinse it out, it doesn't leave any residual smell.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Quat stinky?? I think it has a very mild smell.

Like Bob says, for it to work, it has to touch the whole source of the sting, so that usually means pouring it on spots with a bucket, let dwell, then extract or claw.

Take care,
Lisa

CleanEvo

This is what I do.

I use Prochem Odor Rescue and mix it up to the heavy side according to the label. Pre-spray heavy the affected area, rake in and then let it dwell at least 1/2 hour. Then pre-spray with your regular pre-spray and rinse and extract, flushing well and extra dry passes to extract as much as possible. Then mist with a good quality deodorizer, I use Prochem Duo Action Spring Fresh to give it a nice smell and a little extra deodorizing in case there's something left.

I do use a truck mount, not sure if the CFX will extract as well, but you can give it a try. I did a job very similar to what you had this week and the customer thinks I'm a hero.

Anything you use will need lots of dwell time, the Judson stuff will probably work just as well if given dwell time.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't think I have ever really noticed quat a lot smelling bad or strong. What I meant by my nose being burned out is that after a day full of smelling O2 prespray, I can't smell much of anything. The orange overpowers my nose after a few minutes.

Newman said:
I usually run across this problem when there is a Labador Retriever or Lab mix in the house. The Lab skin / fur oil is the worst! Odorcide has never let me down. Apply, dwell, extract, get paid. You need to extract odorcide because the chemical smell is worse than the dog!

How did it turn out?

Odorcide did the Trick...!!!!

Smells like Victory...!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom