review of savage electric tm

green guy

I am extremely impressed with Bobs Extreme Savage Beast. I have been running it for a week. Used it 10 floors up at in my cities most upscale Hotel and wow!!
My residential experience is also incredible. The perfect blend of vac power and incredible heat. I love the simplicity in design. I ran it along side the el diablo at a supply house and blew some peoples minds. Yes its small, but I love that. There is more room in my 6x12 for dehu's ect.. Most importantly my customers who are my most enthusiastic cheerleaders love the minimal simplicity. There is a bright future for this machine. Thanks Bob and God Bless!!

Mikey P

Administrator
thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I didnt know that was him at mikeysfest. Ijust saw an old van with old equipment in it. If it would have been new equipment and ready to sell, i might have had some interest in it. does anyone have pics of one of his machines that does not look like its on its last leg?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Bob's equipment is not pretty and is not for girly boys.

Bob is one of the most innovative engineers in this industry.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I was looking at Bob’s web site a while back, his performance claims are impressive but I’m not sure how he is getting these numbers:

(ONE) 15 amp cord truckmount (that's right, just one 15 amp circuit and you're cookin') with up to 600 PSI, great flow, heat up to 280º, a 30 GPM APO, and good vacuum at ANY distance where you are cleaning.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Bill Soukoreff said:
Bob's equipment is not pretty and is not for girly boys.

That may be but I never even went over to have close look because it appeared to be a homemade pile of junk.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
dealtimeman said:
if the machine is running and that pumpout turns on it should kick the breaker.

Any number of things should trip the breaker. This set up uses kerosene which requires an additional electric pump. So tell us bob, how does it work?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
Any number of things should trip the breaker. This set up uses kerosene which requires an additional electric pump. So tell us bob, how does it work?

that looks like a propane burner to me, Mike

100_3559.jpg

..L.T.A.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Wow. You guys sure are rough on a fella.

Shane said:
That may be but I never even went over to have close look because it appeared to be a homemade pile of junk.
I brought my personal SAVAGE electric truckmount to the fest, one that is used almost daily, so you could see that this machine will go the distance. I'm sorry my van isn't new and shiny, and I'm sorry the truckmount was less than brand new, but what really matters is what is happening at the end of the wand. Believe me, there is plenty going on there - heat, pressure, and vacuum.

Ace said:
I was looking at Bob’s web site a while back, his performance claims are impressive but I’m not sure how he is getting these numbers:
(ONE) 15 amp cord truckmount (that's right, just one 15 amp circuit and you're cookin') with up to 600 PSI, great flow, heat up to 280º, a 30 GPM APO, and good vacuum at ANY distance where you are cleaning.
I'll repeat what you read from our Website; the entire truckmount runs from a single 15 amp outlet. That includes the vacuum system with APO, the 600 PSI pressure pump, and the LP heater. I have a running amp gauge, so I will post a picture of all the equipemnt ON, and show you the total amp draw.

I am now offering vacuum tanks made of 1/2" poly, and poly accessories to make the system look more as one piece (pretty) as it is in the van. I will be posting pictures soon, in case anyone is interested.

Michael said:
It uses propane, NOT kerosene. The 30 GPM APO uses less than 1 amp of electric power to run, yet it is one of the most reliable APO's I've seen in our industry.

You know, you all should get your facts straight before you spout off about something you didn't even take the time to check out.

Thanks for reading.

Name
Nate W.
Bob Savage said:
Wow. You guys sure are rough on a fella.

Shane said:

Yea, no sh!t. I ASSume the same thing that happened to Nick happened to Bob.

You know, you all should get your facts straight before you spout off about something you didn't even take the time to check out.

Thanks for reading.

I concur. Have the facts first before running your mouths. And no, I don't have a savage unit. :wink:

Ryan

Threads like this should be a wake up for all tm manufacturers. From birth humans are hard wired too like pretty things. No matter how much heat and suck your tm has @ the wand, if its pretty you will sell more. I know there are exceptions, but take a lookn at how fast blueline grew. Guess what? They have pretty units.

Name
Nate W.
Ryan said:
Threads like this should be a wake up for all tm manufacturers. From birth humans are hard wired too like pretty things. No matter how much heat and suck your tm has @ the wand, if its pretty you will sell more. I know there are exceptions, but take a lookn at how fast blueline grew. Guess what? They have pretty units.

Till you take off the covers and say to yourself, Holy Sh!t, where do I start? :lol:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Ryan said:
You are right Ryan, looks do mean a lot. I have been so focused on first perfecting the entire system's components, that I have neglected the looks of the machine.

Since I have been very pleased with our truckmounts performance, and it's extreme reliability, with almost no maintenance, or not constantly having to clean out the recovery tank every day, I can now focus on the looks.

Since it is so small, it doesn't have a lot of space to make look cool, as you can only do so much with the mini panel on the front. I am now using poly for the tanks, and they do look a whole lot better than the alloy tanks. I will also have a poly stand for the pressure pump, that will match the poly tanks, and there will be a filter box also of poly, and some poly shelving.

It will be dressed in tuxedo black and white. How's that for a black tie affair.

I will keep you all posted on my Website.

If anyone has any suggestions at all as to how they would like to see it look, please reply.

Thanks for reading.

Jim Hadley

I own a Savage machine and have used it almost everyday for the last 7 years. The machine has been a workhorse and I have not had any problems except for a few switch replacements over the years. As mentioned above, it does not blow circuits, at least I have not had any problems with it. I still run the original pumpout and only time it does not run is do to the fact I failed to clean out the filter. We own 2 other TM'S plus 3 portables. All have there place, and some perform better than others. But in terms of reliability the Savage is the best. Is it pretty? I guess that is in the eyes of the beholder. Seven years ago I was going to purchase a TM from a well known manufacturer. It was pretty, and had all the bells and whistles. I bought one of Bob's machines instead and I am glad I did. The other manufacturer had nothing but problems with the unit I had intended to buy. But I will say it was pretty.
Buy the machine that fits your business the best. Evaluate the machine and test it. Talk to others who actually own and use them. Also, what is the integrity of the builder and do they provide honest customer service. This worked for me and I glad I did business with Bob.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Shane T said:
[quote="Bill Soukoreff":2k5vb78c]Bob's equipment is not pretty and is not for girly boys.

That may be but I never even went over to have close look because it appeared to be a homemade pile of junk.[/quote:2k5vb78c]

I apologize if my comment was too harsh. I actually have a lot of respect for someone who has the intelligence and ingenuity to build a functioning machine. It doesn't have to be pretty, just neat and professional. I wish Bob all the best and am sure that he will make improvements to the general appearance of the machine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Like it or not, just as we're judged by our appearance in Mrs Phiff's home,..rightly or wrongly...
the same goes for a presentation at a group of potential TM buyers

would you wear dirty, raggedy tennis shoes and dirty clothes to give an estimate to a first time prospect?

it's no different

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
The machine it self was not ugly.... It was the messing van, and dis organized appearance. If you want to show somethign to potential buyers, you build a new machine to present it to prespective buyers..

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I apologize for the messy van. It is my rolling laboratory for our electric truckmounts, but as Larry said, it does not make a good impression if one is trying to demo the machine itself for a large group of people.

The heater that is in there, is NOT the heater that currently is available with the system. The new one is more compact, blue in color, and looks much better. Pictures of it will be on our Website soon, along with the new poly tanks.

In the past 9 years, the Astro van has had several different models of vacuum systems under development, and many different pump pressure systems. I use the Astro as a cleaning van, so I can test everything personally, in the field, to make sure our electric truckmount is what I say it is, and test it, over and over again. That has helped me develop what I have today, a great running machine (reliable and very powerful) that uses no gasoline, and can rival many of the larger cleaning rigs.

As I posted above, I will be working on appearance.

Next time I go to an event, I will bring only an all new, spic-and-span truckmount, with no trace of previous machine models.

Fred, I'm sorry I WASTED YOUR TIME.

Thank you.

F

FB7777

you didn't waste my time Lamont, and I didn't waste any of yours

I'm a shiny happy Butler guy!

its a joke Bob :mrgreen:

you got to admit , she don't have to be the prettiest girl at the dance but if you're gonna put it on display she should at least shower first :shock:

green guy

I am looking forward to posting pics of my beast. This set up will "look" better than most, but the best news of all is that my customers view me as a maverick and truly show their support for my organization. Bob is not a "branding" guy but you know he is also not a follower. Bob has done something awesome that fortunately fits our branding quite well. You can say what you like but the machine works incredibly well. In life you have two options float around in the tides or be the jetty that actually affects the tides. The "joiner" will always have issues with the "innovator"

hogjowl

Idiot™
Bob brought that same van to Pensacola in 2000. It looked like a POS then too. I guess it hasn't improved it's appearance any in the past 8 years. LOL!

I once tried to tell Bob to dress his demo unit up some, but he blew me off as just some ignorant pig farmer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom