Reviews on HydroMaster 4.8 direct drive unit

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Anyone own one? Please post comments on this unit. I am not real familiar with HydroMaster but would like to hear about this one. What temperatures would one expect? What kinda suction?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have 1900 hours on my current one, which is an 07 that I bought gently used in 09. They are good machines, very little ever fails (although my cat pump has been making some nasty noises the last few days. You will average a little over 200 atw with the salsa package and a 9-12 flow wand. This is my 3rd cds, and the best I've had so far. The newest ones even have a selectable speed control, which I wish mine had.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Chris,
Just to clarify is this 205 atw or atm? Does yours have the Salsa package

tim

I have a cds with salsa, 235 to 240 ATM. Put it in a ford to get better heat. Its been a great machine, only had to replace a clutch in 5 years. I use a Bayco relief valve and a greenhorn wand with high flow and with an Airpath, leave carpets dry to the touch when I leave. I would recommend the machine.

Chris A

Name
Chris
205 sustained atm, with salsa pkg, on a 9-12 flow wand. I have a Chevy...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Great machines. Had one for 20+ years and it was running like a champ when I sold it.

topnotchman

BLewis said:
Anyone own one? Please post comments on this unit. I am not real familiar with HydroMaster but would like to hear about this one. What temperatures would one expect? What kinda suction?

Great units, I have one from the early 2000's with salsa package. My temp gauge sender never worked correctly when I bought it used, but when I had it tested at jondon it was 220ish ATM. I have the 4.8, so it has the bigger blower, which mine is a Roots 47. My old CDS was one from 1987, it still runs great!!

-JB-

Name
JB
All depends, do you want a machine to tinker with, or one to run and done?

Ez maint. period.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom