Reviews on that DUAL headed Rotovac 360?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Something new with the two heads?

Pros or cons?

POS?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
they found out the old rotovac worked better and modified it...I am glad I waited

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It looked alittle different in the connections pictures.

G

but how are you gonna drink coffee while using the Rotovac?

You gotta do something to keep you awake!

DHX, INDEED!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Here's a current picture courtesy of CleanFax / Cliff Grost:

connections_vegas_2007_764.jpg

Model looks quite different from web site link above.

My concern is cleaning between the two heads.

Larry Cobb

Name
Eric Valentine
I actually was able to get a look at it during the trade show. It uses 2 of the 12" RV 360 heads, and there is about a 1/2" or so gap between them. Seeing as how it is made to be used in a forward/back motion, just overlap a bit.

The Vacuum hookup on it is 2", splitting off into 1.5" hoses to each head. Replace the vacuum shoes with ones from Greenie and Lisa, and that machine would kick some serious dirt's butt (it was designed for use with truckmounts)

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The rotovac may clean well but is worthless for high production. With the small model you have 6 inch heads that miss a spot in the middle which makes you overlap so with every pass you are getting 5 1/2" at best.

With the larger model you have 12" heads, still have to overlap, so your getting 11 1/2" with each pass.

How about a 3 head model that would not miss anything or somehow making the two head model so that the shoes overlap each other but are timed to not hit.

G

with that overlap you'd do just as well with one single big head

Make it 20" in diameter with more high flow jets and more glided vacuum slots.

Four wheels, that way you could cruise it with one hand instead of slinging it like an RX-20.

Why don't they make the heads with 3 cleaning shoes on each side and overlap them by an inch or two? To keep them from hitting, time them so when one head is at center it's between the other two on the opposite side. No need for overlapping and much faster production times.

FastEddie

I just don't see this new bigger version cleaning any faster. Same old school design, with the annoying gap between the heads, relying on clock eating overlapping with the dreaded push and pull of a wand. I would have come out with a bigger version of the self propelled 360. Call it the RV720?

Greenie

The Cleaning Artist said:
Why don't they make the heads with 3 cleaning shoes on each side and overlap them by an inch or two? To keep them from hitting, time them so when one head is at center it's between the other two on the opposite side. No need for overlapping and much faster production times.

THAT is exactly what I was thinking, the ProChem PowerGlide is set up just like that, in fact when I look at the new RV all I see is a PowerGlide.

One thing I also see is you now have two 12" heads with twice as many 3" vacuum slots to support on a single 2" hose, suck per linear inch will surely be less.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
How heavy is the big dual head Rotovac? I think the Powerglide was 99 pounds. One of the Rotovac advantages has been the lighter weight.

Loren

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Greg,

The Rotovac website is horribly out of date. They don't even show the current rendition of the Rotovac 360, with the new black housing.

The dual version, to which Jimmy refers, is a modification of the RV360 insofar as it has dual rotating heads, but much larger diameter than the original RV, and the domed housing.

R

rotorob

At least with the PG the heads are overlapping, and you don't have to make the extra passes. Why try to reinvent the wheel?
The beauty of the RV 360/Swinger type machine was how light they were and how great they clean.
I gave up my PG for the RV's. IMHO the RV's are getting overpriced compared to the original concept.
I can still dig more dirt out of the trashed carpets with JR than either the original or 360 RV.
And it was only $900.00 compared to 2200.00 for the 360. I hope RVCorp isn/t losing their focus.

Greenie

I agree that stair swinger/stair pro was a cool tool.

I always thought that is where the 360 with it's optional 7" head came from, just a swinger with a 12" head.

From an airflow point of view the swinger has way more suck per vac slot, so it's quite possible you cleaned better with it, albeit slower.

I used to use the twin head RV on stairs that were hammered, absolutely amazing, fairly wet though, that brought on the first glided stair wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom