Reviews

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
More crooked people abuse good companies with negative reviews to get what they want. I like seeing companies fight back against them. Just a letter from a lawyer to scare the customer to remove the review is probably all that's needed

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Can the roofing company win this? It is in Vancouver so who knows.
Vancouver, Washington that is. I think they might have a case. The people leaving the reviews are not the customer. Their landlord is. The tennants have no expectation of service nor are they paying for anything. Often in these situations, the information stays between the landlord and the contractor, all the tennant needs to know is when the work is going to be done. It appears that the negative reviews and BBB complaints were done deliberately out of spite.

FredC

Village Idiot
Vancouver, Washington that is. I think they might have a case. The people leaving the reviews are not the customer. Their landlord is. The tennants have no expectation of service nor are they paying for anything. Often in these situations, the information stays between the landlord and the contractor, all the tennant needs to know is when the work is going to be done. It appears that the negative reviews and BBB complaints were done deliberately out of spite.

It also looks like they left multiple 1 star reviews with different accounts,

Reactions: Cleanworks

FredC

Village Idiot
I especially like how they can't afford a lawyer now but threatened the company with one in their review......classic

Wait lawyers cost money.jpg

but the company is already getting a ton of negatives on yelp because of the lawsuit. Not sure how those get handled in the end other than yelp's "unusual activity warning"

The lawsuit was suicide...........but I can understand it and believe they have a case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor and Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I especially like how they can't afford a lawyer now but threatened the company with one in their review......classic

but the company is already getting a ton of negatives on yelp because of the lawsuit. Not sure how those get handled in the end other than yelp's "unusual activity warning"
That's too bad. Probably to drop the lawsuit and have a good explanation on their advertising. Making sure people recognize that these people were never their customers and had never paid anything for any type of service. You would think that Yelp or Google would drop those reviews just because of that. I was under the impression that only customers could leave reviews.

FredC

Village Idiot
That's too bad. Probably to drop the lawsuit and have a good explanation on their advertising. Making sure people recognize that these people were never their customers and had never paid anything for any type of service. You would think that Yelp or Google would drop those reviews just because of that. I was under the impression that only customers could leave reviews.

Well, the mental gymnastics have already begun and these people in the minds of many in genpop were customers because they were renters and ultimately footing the bill. Which is fn stupid but it's out there.

The only thought process I can kind of get on board with is that they did have an experience with the company and that should entitle them to share that experience.

the problem is they seem to have misrepresented the issue in their review (stops them from using the laws that protect reviewers) and left multiple one star reviews** doing so with what I feel can only be seen as intent to strongarm the company into getting something they weren't entitled to and in lieu of that hurt the company via the reviews.

as far as yelp I think they put a halt to reviews for a limited amount of time but don't remove reviews...I could be wrong on that but it seems to be the case for companies that got spotlighted by the news/internet in the past

** there are a few other 1 star reviews in that timeframe on a company that usually has very few. I bet those could be tied to this couple or their friends which would show their intent was to hurt the business rather than simply share their negative experience.

*** I'm sure there was some damage caused by the reviews. Especially if listed by most recent since there was a period when the last several reviews were negative which has more impact. I'm not sure that even with the intent to harm the biz that the reviews rise to the level of libel.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You guys don’t know your Vettes. 78 was the first year of the round rear window. So its a 78-82. In 1980 they went to the dual light blinker bar on the side of the front bumper. So that Vette is an 1980-82.

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Can the roofing company win this? It is in Vancouver so who knows.
https://www.newsweek.com/couple-say...-giving-1-star-review-roofing-company-1612772
Yes. They most likely will win.

There's plenty of case law to show the courts take a dim view of people that use online reviews to extort goods and services.

I have a few examples of court rulings that not only issued monetary awards to the company, but forced the liars to publish apologies for their actions on every review site they used.

If a customer ever threatens to "ruin us" with false reviews, I advise them to check with an attorney first. Ask him if he wants to defend them from the extortion charge they'll be facing.

steve_64

You guys don’t know your Vettes. 78 was the first year of the round rear window. So its a 78-82. In 1980 they went to the dual light blinker bar on the side of the front bumper. So that Vette is an 1980-82.
I stopped to look closer the other day and took a couple more pics for fun. I might call and get details. It's defiantly a little rough.

20210728_134812.jpg 20210728_134837.jpg 20210728_134825_HDR.jpg 20210728_134912.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom