Rhino liner on hose reels?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Anyone ever use Rhino liner or a like product on hose reels?

Does it hold up?

This winter I am pulling out the reels and having them sandblasted and would like a hard covering put on them that will hold up.

Name
George Valliant
Rhino liner product will ad a lot of weight to the outside radious of the reel making it noticably heavier to roll up. If you have your heart set on it make sure to have it professonally done with the best product available or it will peel off fast. I know professional Rhino installation is not cheap. I'm guessing a few hundred bucks minimum for what you're discribing. I'm not sure how much electric reels cost these days but they sure would be a nice upgrade.

Name
George Valliant
In that case I would have them chrome, nickle, or gold plated. I kind of like the Gold plated option myself. Then you can have your wand gold platted to match. With custom engraving too. How cool would that be?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I'm a big fan of Herculiner ( http://www.herculiner.com/ )

I coated one of my old van's floors with it, and the frame of my hose reel (Not the reel its self, that would have cut my hands up)
I couldn't make this stuff chip or crack off, and before I bolted the hose reel down it NEVER moved, even when I slammed on the breaks LOL.

Just make sure the surface you cover is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN, using Acetone and something to really scour with.

Also be sure to use a high speed drill to STIR this stuff, the little beads settle to the bottom... and if you don't want the anti slip beads in the finish if your going to paint it on a hose reel, you need to thin it out a little with Xylene and strain it with a paint strainer.

After 3 years we stopped using this van, and a one day my dad hauling a 1100lbs diesel engine in the back scooting on the floor to make this stuff scrape off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom