rinse......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
is there one type of rinse you use on both tile and carpet....or does everyone have to change there rinse jug over for each one.......

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Along that line, how many gallons of water does it take to clear your system of one rinse and start getting the other out your solution line? I suspect most don't even bother to flush.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shane T said:
Along that line, how many gallons of water does it take to clear your system of one rinse and start getting the other out your solution line?

depends on the capacity of water the TM plumbing and heater coils hold
as well as the type and config of the chem feed system.

I winterized mine once this winter with windshield washing fluid cause I was going out of town and didn't want to risk a heat outage failure.

Before i started the pump, i sucked the water box dry of blue WW fluid, then filled with clear water and turned on the pump.
So the only blue left was in the plumbing and burner coils
I was surprised at how long it took to run clear.
I'm "guessing" it was well more than 5 gal

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've never rinsed tile with anything other than water. If I did, I'd probably use HM's Clear Water Rinse, just like carpet. The reason....smells good and cleans up my QD's and jets. Seems to rinse alkalines pretty well also.

If I'm using o2, then I use their rinse, if I'm using Viper Venom, Renew, or Spinergy 2 or 11 I rinse with Spinergy 7.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lyman said:
Jim, you are using stripper on the tile. Why not shut your chems off and rinse with water.

I do.... any thing over about 700 psi you need to shut down the chem pump because it cant handle the high pressure and it wears them down..........I haven't used a rinse on a tile job in years..never ever have had a problem....

But I want to change something on my truck and it will require that a rinse ( If this works) will always be in line.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Blue Monarch said:
I've never rinsed tile with anything other than water. If I did, I'd probably use HM's Clear Water Rinse, just like carpet. The reason....smells good and cleans up my QD's and jets. Seems to rinse alkalines pretty well also.

so you would use this on both tile and carpet .......???

TimP

You can use your regular rinse on tile. It wont make a difference, you'll just use more rinse agents.

Emulsifier and acid rinse wont cause any problems on tile. I've ran emulsifier on tile following acid etching, no problems of course.

Also if you think about it, most powder rinses you use 1.5-3 cups. And liquids typically 4 cups per 5 gallon mix tank.

How many gallons does that dilute to? Most likely over 80 gallons and think about how much moisture you leave on the floor cleaning tile.....there is hardly any residue possible if you think in those terms.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Jim,

I run fiber plus from bridgepoint for everthing including tile. It leaves no noticable residue even on high gloss tile. It does have an advantage over water alone beside the added cleaning power in that it lowers the surface tension of the water. If you miss a small spot when drying it spreads out evenly and usually won't leave a spot. I been doing it for years without any problems.

Gene

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
so i take it none of you that are rinsing with water are applying sealer? I believe you have to neutralize for the sealer to adhere properly.

Terry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Terry said:
so i take it none of you that are rinsing with water are applying sealer? I believe you have to neutralize for the sealer to adhere properly.

Terry

I have never ran into any issues with any sealer while just rinsing with water...........

TimP

Terry said:

Terry

I'd have to disagree with your belief. Grout isn't going to be neutral, it stays in an alkaline state. After the bubling stops the acid on the grout has been neutralised with the calcium. As far as an alkaline cleaner once you rinse it away the grout is gonna still be alkaline....either way in fact. Washing sealer off can be done with high alkaline cleaners. But a properly rinsed floor is all you can do for sealer, and for most plain water is all that's required.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Jim,

I'd use it on either carpet or tile. If you've always got to run something through your lines after your change, I think CWR would be a good choice. I only put 8 ounces in my 5 gallon stock and meter it at 2 gph. Cleans the QD's up great.

I really hate changing from alkaline to acid rinses, so I've set up two stock jugs with a three way ball valve between. Flip of the lever and I can change without having to prime.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
How long does it take for the cold water in your line to turn into hot water from your truck? That's how long it takes for the rinse to bleed.

I generally bleed when changing from emulsifier to acid rinse, but not from acid rinse to emulsifier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom