Road trip!

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Heading out on a road trip to my first training. My wife and I are heading to Jim's Fabric Pro Workshop down in PA. Exciting times!!! 2 day course and making it a 4 day adventure. Stoked.

This is a major upgrade from my last road trip event to MF. I got a motel room 😆. Although I was solo last trip. Hehe, I wouldn't do that to my lovely wife...

Name
Jeff T
Heading out on a road trip to my first training. My wife and I are heading to Jim's Fabric Pro Workshop down in PA. Exciting times!!! 2 day course and making it a 4 day adventure. Stoked.

This is a major upgrade from my last road trip event to MF. I got a motel room 😆. Although I was solo last trip. Hehe, I wouldn't do that to my lovely wife...
Jim P. is a wealth of knowledge. Pay attention, take notes, ask questions….
He knows his stuff, as he was born into the cleaning industry. He’s forgotten more than most of us know.
Good luck, learn lots, and have fun…

P.S.-Ask Jim’s opinion about a TM…

Name
Swani
Jim's class is second to none when it comes to upholstery. It has taught me what to do, what not to do, and when to walk away.

We had a huge upholstery job today and it would have been a disaster without proper education.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Thanks guys. I'm going to soak it all in like a sponge. Upholstery certainly is challenging and risky to clean at times. I'm very grateful I made it this far without any major problems. Although if it weren't for Jim's helping hand already I may have some different stories to tell.

It seems like carpet, tile, and upholstery cleaning as a trade has as large of a spectrum of craftsmanship and liabilities as any trade, and maybe more than most. I very much look forward to becoming more knowledgeable and proficient.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm looking forward to your visit Bryce!

You'll be joining cleaners from New England to Wisconsin, and one from Australia. Two fellows from Connecticut are the owner and a key technician from Triple S, a renowned on location and in plant operation. Nice helpful guys.

You'll also meet two owners from a new cleaning product company I'm involved with that is providing rug and upholstery cleaning products we'll be representing.

I'm also so glad you're going to visit Larry Capitoni after the class.

He's a good man who has a wealth of experience, and is a real mensch as well.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I'm looking forward to your visit Bryce!

You'll be joining cleaners from New England to Wisconsin, and one from Australia. Two fellows from Connecticut are the owner and a key technician from Triple S, a renowned on location and in plant operation. Nice helpful guys.

You'll also meet two owners from a new cleaning product company I'm involved with that is providing rug and upholstery cleaning products we'll be representing.

I'm also so glad you're going to visit Larry Capitoni after the class.

He's a good man who has a wealth of experience, and is a real mensch as well.
Fantastic same here Jim! I already know one guy that will be there from Triple S then. This is how the magic happens. Have to make the pilgrimages...

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and is a real mensch

dammit Jim....that shamed me into pressure washing this stuff so Jr doesn't get his car dirty :dejection:
the Stanely box was max scuzzy inside and out

IMG_3989.JPG

This all yours Bryce
I'll poke around,
I might find more new ODs and misc brass fittings

Note, there are a couple upl tools there that are one of the greatest in the history of the world..fo-reel
The internal jet PMF.
They're not idiotproof though.
One must have the ability to figure out how to pour water out of a boot on their own without ne spoon fed.
or they may very well jack up a velvet

..L.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What a nice collection!

That internal jet tool is ideal for detailing, but yes, I'd avoid on velvets...but there isn't as much velvet out there anyway

What a generous gift package

Bryce and Rushelle dropped in for a chat today before the class :)

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
dammit Jim....that shamed me into pressure washing this stuff so Jr doesn't get his car dirty :dejection:
the Stanely box was max scuzzy inside and out

View attachment 127601

This all yours Bryce
I'll poke around,
I might find more new ODs and misc brass fittings

Note, there are a couple upl tools there that are one of the greatest in the history of the world..fo-reel
The internal jet PMF.
They're not idiotproof though.
One must have the ability to figure out how to pour water out of a boot on their own without ne spoon fed.
or they may very well jack up a velvet

..L.T.A.
Well hot dang. That is a cache of treasures Larry. I'm indebted to you my friend. I'll do the very best I can to put it to worthy use. For now... Big gratitude my friend! So excited to see you on Saturday!!!

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I've heard mention of the internal jet pmf uph tool here and there. Legend. I've been using a Mytee 8400gt low moisture uph tool since we started. I have no other frame of reference but do understand the dangers of moisture and texture damage to delicate fibers. I'll be careful to make sure it only ups my game rather than gets me into trouble. Saweet...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Bryce, as you probably know by now, it’d be pretty hard to do much damage with the 8400. It’s close to idiot proof. I put mine in the hand of #theword all the time.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is that a pacific 175 Larry? It looks it.

yep
SeaRay??
1.5hp

gonna have him (and Rush too) run it in on the garage floor before I let him leave with it
(He's never run one) He doesn't know how easy and near effortless they are to run.
More importantly, he doesn't know how HARD they are to run when you don't know how..

don't want them to put it thru the wall the first time they pull the trigger :eekk:😉:yoda:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Bryce, as you probably know by now, it’d be pretty hard to do much damage with the 8400. It’s close to idiot proof. I put mine in the hand of #theword all the time.
Haven't done any damage yet, thank goodness!

My concern is on raw cotton and such and not evenly wetting the material and leaving water marks. I can always manage the moisture and dry it quickly. But white and beige colored natural things, especially with tufted buttons and such, gives me concern even with a low moisture tool like the 8400gt....

#theword? You have the risen son on your crew brother, what's going on here...?

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
yep
SeaRay??
1.5hp

gonna have him (and Rush too) run it in on the garage floor before I let him leave with it
(He's never run one) He doesn't know how easy and near effortless they are to run.
More importantly, he doesn't know how HARD they are to run when you don't know how..

don't want them to put it thru the wall the first time they pull the trigger :eekk:😉:yoda:

..L.T.A.
You're a conscientious wizard Larry. So grateful for your concern about us going out there with real scrubbing power. I'll do my best to make you feel good about unleashing us with the 175 power. All I know as of yet, vicariously, is don't move the handle up or down an inch at a time. About a 1/4" or less is ideal for smooth and controlled operation. But yea, I may fling that thing out of control once 😬 A safe space to get a handle on it feels cozy.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
yep
SeaRay??
1.5hp

..L.T.A.
Have one. It got stolen and bless my soul if my friend who sells equipment bought it not knowing it was mine, and I bought it back for $50. 🙄🤪 Put your foot on that machine for Bryce. In your garage will be easier to learn on, BUT cement is a lot easier to run one on
than carpet (in a house)!!

Reactions: Bryce C
Back
Top Bottom