Roof Hose Reel

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
No one has any pictures? If I remember correctly they used U channel. I don’t remember what supports they attached to.

scotty747

Seems like a lot of weight pulling down on the roof. I built my own. 2x6 mounted just below the roof supported on the sides. 200 ft solution, 200 garden. Dosent bow a bit.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
My other van I have the supports mounted to the side walls with no problems. I guess I will try and do the same with this one.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
What I think I will go with.

81AD88D3-817B-4450-8E84-3EAF727FEB04.jpeg CF4827FA-F12D-475F-A35C-A4872C8456D4.jpeg

Reactions: Hack Attack

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
I like that! Is that a medium roof transit? My concern would be that the metal will fatigue over time where the reel braces mount. I was considering the same thing with my set up and decided without additional supports to the floor it will fail.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I like that! Is that a medium roof transit? My concern would be that the metal will fatigue over time where the reel braces mount. I was considering the same thing with my set up and decided without additional supports to the floor it will fail.
Looks superior to a POS Transit. It must be a Promaster.

Reactions: Cleanworks

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Yes it’s a medium roof. I might put a brace mount to the floor but not sure yet. Seems sturdy now but we will see once we actually get hose on and start using it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom