Roof leaked over 20 plus gallons of water onto my greatroom carpet last night

Name
Lyon
The flatroof area of my house, is way past due for a new roof, leaked at least 20 gallons plus, had lots of buckets on the carpet to catch about half the water. Probably Going to rain again tomorrow. Should I water claw the carpet, even though, I’ll have to do it again tomorrow? Don’t have a dehumidifier, airpath lot of dry pods and an anti-microbial. New roofs not coming for a few months.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
did you say Flat roof!? patching those are super easy until a proper roof job can be done. go to home depot and check out the roof patching supplies..
this is better and more discreet then a blue tarp.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you're not in the mood to patch or throw a blue tarp on the roof, suck out the water and remove the pad underneath the carpet, so water extraction will be quicker and easier, then replace the pad once you get a new roof

Reactions: Moser Brothers

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The water came from above, check the insulation in the attic and exterior walls. Check the sheetrock ceiling and walls. Are the carpet and pad on a cement slab?

According to Weather History for 1/5/2018 you, Sacramento, CA, have a dew point of 53, minimum temperature of 50 and maximum temperature of 59, so you will need a dehumidifier (LGR) or to heat and vent the affected areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom