roops...wrong mountain..

Mikey P

Administrator
They removed a cabinet and installed new limestone tile. They thought the old floor was just dirty and would clean up to match..

:hopeless:

Any ideas on how they could stain the new tile to match?

Last edited:

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Short of diamond honing to be sure its not embedded soil...(some neglected limestone needed grinding to get real clean)

If your tryimg to darken a lighter limestone to match darker- wet it out first and see how close that is.. if good you could enhance

If darker needed, or you need a color shift, there are enhancers with dyes you couldd use.

Getting into something you dont do on daily basis, so unless they pay for you testing, .....

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
IMG_6179.jpg

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Do they have any spare ones left? Test one if you can, maybe Linseed Oil, I think those dyes Carl is talking about come from Akemi.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'm searching the pics to see it.....

But is someone saying that is the same tile and pattern?

I just can't see it....

Name
cameron demille
It is the same stone and the old stuff is incredibly dirty.Clean the old stuff

Both of those are Beaumaniere French limestone.

Use Klenztone #3 straight, no water. let it sit a few minutes, hit it with a turbo, finish off with an 800 Polypad.

They made be a few shades off, this stuff has changed a bit over the years, but without doubt, they are the same stone.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
So is he going to get it to Match? Would you start with cleaning or polishing?

Name
cameron demille
Here is a sample area I did on a floor that wasn't nearly as dirty as yours, same stone.

After I did this sample the customer said she liked the darker color better and asked me to put it back the way it was. I had to explain to hear in detail why I couldn't put dirt back in the floor. No joke. Since then we have done about $1ooK in work for them.

0Fd91P1.jpg

Name
cameron demille
So is he going to get it to Match? Would you start with cleaning or polishing?

DEEP cleaning and light honing. Klenztone is incredibly effective for this stone.

Normal disclaimer: Klenztone will etch EVERYTHING except this stone. Glass, metal, granite, porcelain, ceramic, etc. DO NOT get it on anything but this stone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom