Roots 45 on Judson Nitro

CarpetKING

Any of you guys have a roots 45 on a nitro or know if it will fit/clear pulleys and motor?

Greenie

didya ask Les what was the largest pulley ratio you could use on your existing 33 to turn it faster, those can spin fast, just noisier.

CarpetKING

Didnt think of that Greenie. Hopefully I can squeeze a little more suction out of the little blower. The new greenhorn definitely helps my drying times just looking for ways to get even quicker dries.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
if you run it at 3600+rpms you WILL notice the difference But don't go over 15hg. Mine runs at 3600 and it runs like a grape ape.

Greenie

If Doodaddy was on here he'd tell ya it will spin 4000 if you want it to.

As far as "lift" I doubt you'd ever see more than 13" with a glided greenhorn, it'll only come up if you suck up the cat or drapes by mistake.

G

Greenie said:
If Doodaddy was on here he'd tell ya it will spin 4000 if you want it to.

As far as "lift" I doubt you'd ever see more than 13" with a glided greenhorn, it'll only come up if you suck up the cat or drapes by mistake.
Just run some synthectic in it

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
You can boost it up to 15% overdriven with no noticeable longevity problems. That's 115% of the motor speed. So, if the motor is turning at 3,600 without a load and drops to 3,450 under load (which is typical), then Greenie was close in his statement. The actual result would be 3,967.5 RPM.

And it does provide a noticeable difference.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
No. When that blower was made, Roots was putting in their owner's manuals to use 30 or 40, depending upon ambient temp.

All we've ever used is 30.

SuperFly

You want your blower to last longer use
Dresser Roots Blower and Compressor
High Temp Synthetic Lubricating oil

ISO-VG-320.. or even 220..

30w is really risking your blowers life..

G

Should go more than that,but it is you Ron :D Anyway,synthetic can go 2500hrs under normal wear and it runs slightly cooler.

Judson has about 1500 Roots 45 blowers in our industrial vacuum systems. These systems run continuous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A lot of these systems still have the original blowers in them. These systems have more than 200,000 hours on them. All these vacuums use 30 wt. non-detergent motor oil in the blowers. The manufacturers of the blowers that are being sold today recommend synthetic oil. I received a memo suggesting that you can now use Mobil 1 synthetic oil in blowers.

563825720105_0_BG.jpg

bbbbb.jpg

gg.jpg

smalljpeg.jpg

TimP

with non-detergent oil. I think you can go at least 300 hours. I switched to synthetic on my blower for my last change. And I run synthetic for my cat pump and change it every 500 hours now.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
500 for non detergent petroleum- based oil is the recommended interval

First oil change is to be at 100 hours, then every 500 thereafter

I tell people to do it based upon an assumed use of 100 hours a month / 25 a week, since 25 is about the max that a full- time cleaner puts on the system in a given week (Most do less, few do much more...)

So, change the oil every 5 months is my recommendation. It's easier to plan for, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom