Roots 47 Shaft and Rebuild Kit????

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Anyone sell the kit I can give some $ to or just order straight from Roots?

I came across an OLD cast iron style Roots 47 for almost nothing. But needs new shaft and possibly rebuild kit.

Also where do I purchase shaft and how in the world do I put it in? Lol...Sorry this is just a whole new ball game for me. Please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks everybody!!!

FredC

Village Idiot
I came across an OLD cast iron style Roots 47 for almost nothing. But needs new shaft and possibly rebuild kit.

Seems to be the going rate. I have a low hours 47 I can't seem to give away. Every time I list it I get a bunch of asshats...probably Cole's subs...asking if it will fit their 33/16hp system.

Anyway, not sure of the price difference between going to roots direct....or the difference betwwen your local service center (NY?) ....but I have used pdblowers.com in Gainesville GA for parts/service/repair..............

pay freight and you can have this f'n 47..............

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Seems to be the going rate. I have a low hours 47 I can't seem to give away. Every time I list it I get a bunch of asshats...probably Cole's subs...asking if it will fit their 33/16hp system.

Anyway, not sure of the price difference between going to roots direct....or the difference betwwen your local service center (NY?) ....but I have used pdblowers.com in Gainesville GA for parts/service/repair..............

pay freight and you can have this f'n 47..............

Stucky if you don't jump on that Im gonna snatch it right off your plate!!!! I might just drive down and get it so.

Chris Lee

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Stucky if you don't jump on that Im gonna snatch it right off your plate!!!! I might just drive down and get it so.

Chris Lee

I already got my freebie!!!

This one is all yours!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WOW...a shaft AND a blower....fix it up so it's ready ta throw in!

get a hydra cell and ummmmmmmmmm!

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I still rebuild a blower-now and then. Anyway, rebuild kits are sold through Roots dealers at retail prices, IE: Pd Blowers is one. I have also bought the genaric brand bearings and seals before-even NAPA can get them for you. You can online order Chinese alot cheaper-but .....Just measure them with a caliper and let them know the measurements. As far as the shaft goes, I won't build blowers with bad shafts unless my mahine shop buddy has a piece of that size cold rolled steel (that's what Roots are made of) on hand, because to buy one from a Dealer is about $200-$250 (by memory) and then you still have a $50 machine shop press fee to push it into the lobes. He charges me $100 for a 4.7- it's only a keyway cut and one end threaded-tapered. Sorry, I can't get that for anyone else.

I'd like that blower of Fred's, if no one else does. But really I know it's a lot of trouble to ship one.

Sincerely,
Dale

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom