Rotary Tile Brush

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Does using a tile brush attachment on either a 175 or the 360i save you from having to manually scrub grout lines? Have a big tile job tomorrow and was wondering if one of these attachments might save me some time.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Matt;

Assuming you prespray, have a TM with good heat and flow . . .

yes, the 360i hard-surface head will do a good job of cleaning the grout lines.

The brush has abrasive impregnated into the nylon for added agitation.

The 3M segmented brushes with abrasive are fairly good on a 175 machine,
but lack the hard-hitting washjets.

Larry

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i used to scrub everything years ago but i don't find it necessary. i had the original steamway tile tool with tiny jets but once i installed 04's i didn't need to scrub anymore. i think it originally came with 01's or smaller. i have the turbo now and it blasts just fine at 1100 psi. i still scrub the edges under cabinets.

gene

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
GeneMiller said:
i used to scrub everything years ago but i don't find it necessary. i had the original steamway tile tool with tiny jets but once i installed 04's i didn't need to scrub anymore. i think it originally came with 01's or smaller. i have the turbo now and it blasts just fine at 1100 psi. i still scrub the edges under cabinets.

gene
I've tried not scrubbing on a few jobs before but it just seemed like I wasnt getting the same results. I currently use the SX-12 with my Butler.

My local supplier sold me the Tampico brush for my 175. Anybody use this? Seems like the brissles are kinda soft for tile.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Albert Lazo said:
The best brush I've found was John's op brush on the conqueror.

Albert

I use that brush on a Brute. Works better if you strap a little weight on it.

I still use a pole brush on every job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
PTMatt said:
Does using a tile brush attachment on either a 175 or the 360i save you from having to manually scrub grout lines? Have a big tile job tomorrow and was wondering if one of these attachments might save me some time.

Is it that pet clinic?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
if you need to scrub every job to get the results then i would suggest a change in your chems. i pretreat a large area and then start. occasionally i have to retreat a bad area but it's rare. i use powerbreak from bridgepoint with oxygen bleach as a boost .

gene

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
GeneMiller said:
if you need to scrub every job to get the results then i would suggest a change in your chems. i pretreat a large area and then start. occasionally i have to retreat a bad area but it's rare. i use powerbreak from bridgepoint with oxygen bleach as a boost .

gene

I tried not scrubbing today and it came out Great! Just boosted my chems a little. Man it saved me alot of time!

Gonna try the Powerbreak with oxygen bleach as boost. Thanks Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom