Rotary tools.

Ryan

I read several threads on this in the gold mine. Thought I might get some fresh takes on it though.

I'm close to hiring a part time tech to run my carpet van while I'm in college, doing vct work ect. I'm worried about consistency in my quality if I do this however. I'm thinking using a rotary tool would aid in consistent cleaning and better dry times. I prescrub a lot with my 175 right now, however I'm a little afraid of a tech putting holes in peoples walls with it! :shock:

I'm really interested in the RX-20 cause its the only rotary machine I've had any experience with, however I used it with a Vortex 720 so I'm not sure how well it will work on with my little 33 blower 180 degree heat machine. Would a drimaster or RV 360 be a better choice for any reason?

Your thoughts? Is it worth the $$ or should I just stick with a wand and maybe get a Sebo to agitate with?

(running super high flow on my wand isn't really an option cause I have a 55 gal waste tank and the heat won't keep up anyways.)

G

55 gallon waste tank is the main concern. So then I would say a RDM would be your choice. I rarely use it now, only on a carpet that needs pile restoration and agitation. I have an 80 gallon waste tank and run 08 flow with average 550 psi, and it auto pumps out on one job. But, if I ran the RDM on the same job 250 psi, I would have the same results, minus 15-30 minutes production time, without any auto pump out. If your looking for fool proof and no waste tank concerns then the RDM is your choice.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have been using the rx-20 since I started about 6 years ago. First with Chem-Dry in a portable and worked ok. 99% of jobs get the rx. Right now I clean at 250 psi and could probably get away with less. High flow is not needed with the rx due to it's agitation. It's very user friendly and allows just anyone to do some great consistant work. I use a wand to clean rugs and stairs.

Albert

Ryan

Albert Lazo said:
I have been using the rx-20 since I started about 6 years ago. First with Chem-Dry in a portable and worked ok. 99% of jobs get the rx. Right now I clean at 250 psi and could probably get away with less. High flow is not needed with the rx due to it's agitation. It's very user friendly and allows just anyone to do some great consistant work. I use a wand to clean rugs and stairs.

Albert

Do you have to wand the edges?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Do you have to wand the edges?

yes I use this one from Magic Wand
http://www.magicwandcompany.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=WP10-0527

It takes an extra minute or two per room. You can also get in places where a regular wand can't such as between the nightstand and bed. Works real well for spotting too. A glide for it may be necessary because it's noisy as hell if your tm is going. My glide went down a gutter a while ago so now I usually put the tm on idle.

Albert

Rx 20 is a great machine we live in a rural area so we cant use a truck mount We talked to a lot of people around here and they said the last man used a truck mount and got stuck in the yard are didn't have enough line and a lot of complaints so we decided to buy a rotovac the worst machine in the world don't never buy one of them and the people at rotovac are ass holes Especially NICK.Rotovac will not stand up to there warranty and try and lie there way out of it.Then we went to a rx 20 even with a portable machine customers love are work.We have took over around here because of are work and the rx 20 great machine your customers will love the job.The people at hydromaster are good people they will stand behind there machines and help you any way they can.

Chris A

Name
Chris
wow, that was interesting. Have easy to follow but explicit systems then hire someone with personality who will do the job. Your fortunate in that you don't have 10-20 years of repeat customers, so the odds that many will really notice that it's not you on the truck is pretty slim.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom