ROTOBRUSH?

John Alzubi

I'm thinking to buy a rotobrush air duct cleaning machine. has anyone used rotobrush? guys I need your opinion before I invest my $$$$. I found a new rotobrush for 6k , it comes with whole system including 2 video cameras. all I have to do just take over the payment for 15 months.

Name
Kevin McCreary
The Rotobrush is an absolute JOKE!!! I had one for the first year I did ducts. Not only did it
not get the ducts clean it also broke beyond repair in the first year.

The Rotobrush wont even get into many ducts because of its inch and one half diameter, some duct
openings are only an inch. So you will find yourself turning away work.

The correct way to clean air ducts is by putting the system under negative air pressure then whipping, brushing
and air washing each individual duct line and trunk lines.

Check out Nikkro systems, Heat seal, Air care or Myers vacuum for a real duct cleaning set up.

You can get a starter system for around the amount you where going to waste on a Rotobrush.

The best way to do it is with a 15,000 cfm truck mounted system, but then your getting into it big time.

Mike Draper

I would have to agree with Kevin. had one my first year in business. Huge pos! many houses hear in Utah are big and the hose wouldn't reach all the way through the ducts on many houses. What good is a partially clean air duct? It's like trying to professionally clean carpet with a walmart bissel carpet cleaner, that's why they are on Ebay every single week, 365 days a year for sale 1/2 off.

Name
I'm Rick James
Talk to Ernie G, he has a nice set up for cleaning air ducts with a TM. Little investment.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Brent said:
Talk to Ernie G, he has a nice set up for cleaning air ducts with a TM. Little investment.

If you are going to clean air ducts with your truckmount you might as well get the POS Rotobrush then
and save some hours and gas on your truckmount and still do a shitty job.

The ONLY way to clean air ducts is with negative air. Or take them all apart and use a sponge and bucket.

Even 5 Vortexs will not have enough CFM's to put a small ranch home's duct work under enough negative pressure
to do an adequate job.

We suck cabbage patch kids out of air ducts, 120 feet across a house, do that with a truckmount!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I just borrowed a friend's Roto and I didn't care for it. As it has already been mentioned you can get a much better setup from Nikro for about the same $$$ Why invest that much money in a vacuum that depends on filters when your TM and a dust downer, along with a flex cable drive and a set of brushes will do the same job as a RB, not to mention that the dust is sent OUTSIDE the home with your tm.

Some type of negative air machine will be your next purchase, so why sink that much cash into something you know is probably temporary?

Ernie G

I agree with Kevin, we cleaned air ducts with our truck-mount for a number of years, and we have since discontinued that service. We were probably doing a better job than most, just because of all the extra time we spent, but realized a much bigger investment in equipment and education was needed, hence we made the decision to simplify our busn. instead. I did'nt want to become a jack of all trades, not my comfort zone. good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom