Rotovac 360i brush head design flaws

Name
Matt Middleton
Thanks for these pictures. It helps. Hope it works well for you.

I think I would prefer the jets be placed closer to the swoop side of the vacuum ports so the spray would be picked up sooner in each revolution. It looks like you may have changed the jet position from what you started with as the jets looked like they were previously more centered between the vacuum slots. If anything, rather than the jets center spaced, I would have cheated closer to the swoop side of the slot.

View attachment 93706

Rotovac has been all over the place with their jet placements. It shouldn’t be that hard to figure out.

The Hoss, as I recall, played around with their spray bars. Some bars were full length and others were not. I think too much flow may have been the issue?

Mytee seems to have good jet to vacuum port placement, and the Junior looks good from the bottom, but it’s about 10 pounds or so heavier than the 360i quad, and I don’t believe the Junior has a telescoping arm. Being able to shorten and lower the arm is very desirable for using it on steps.
The whole Trex build is much more substantial than 360i. Yes...it is an extra 10 lbs but it feels right. We can still clean stairs with it, the 360i telescoping handle is very handy though.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks for mentioning the T-Rex. I looked at their website as I recall a brush head.
View attachment 93699View attachment 93701View attachment 93702View attachment 93703View attachment 93704
As you can see, Mytee figured out where the bristles should go so as not to interfere with the spray pattern.

Another thing you will notice is that the vacuum slot is longer and able to immediately pick up any spray from the jets. More on that later.

The JR head looks like a solid design

The full size with its 48" of vacuum port must be a soaking disaster. We tested one at Cobb's once, the vacuum was extremely weak.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The JR head looks like a solid design

The full size with its 48" of vacuum port must be a soaking disaster. We tested one at Cobb's once, the vacuum was extremely weak.

CED75F45-F125-4831-AD25-6DCE999F730D.png
I like the 4 vac port design with the brush on the Mytee. The quad Rotovac 360i seems more stable and operates more smoothly than the this brush head with only 3 vac ports. (Seems to wobble a little) I imagine the 3 extra round glides on the non brush head help smooth it out some.

52E6EB86-97B8-4945-89C4-176BA888733E.jpeg
This is what my redesigned brush head looks like after a couple jobs. Seems to work as intended.
One thing that I would speculate on since I’m not familiar with the Junior is that the brush on the 360i seems more substantial. Tufts look larger and seem to be closer together, giving more support and brushing surface.

Reactions: Mikey P
Back
Top Bottom