RotoVac CFX

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Well, it's smarter than running a TM with a #3 blower. This dual 3stage CFX has the same CFMs (230) as a #3 blower TM but you bring it up to or into the jobsite giving you drier carpets than your old TM did.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm so proud that you hacks never give up. Even in the face of humiliation you just keep going strong trying to figure out a hard way to do a simple thing.

My hat is off to you!
smiley-greet009.gif

Reactions: hogjowl

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
This dual 3stage CFX has the same CFMs (230) as a #3 blower TM
Well, not really - due to the way cfm is measured for a centrifugal fan vs. PD blower.....

This comes up a lot, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a comparison graphed out - so here goes. I picked a 33 blower (wimpy) and a pair of fancy new 8.4 Ameteks in parallel (super powerful!) to give the electric vac's the best chance of showing up that poor PD blower. Using the numbers the Ameteks (280 cfm) appear to handily beat the #33 (195 cfm). Here's what it looks like:

Compare2.jpg

The two are equal only if you limit lift to 2"hg - after that the electric vacs are toast. The Ameteks only beat the PD under basically free flow conditions - no wand, no hose, just an open inlet......

Under actual use conditions PD blowers are still king and will be for the forseeable future.

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
As long as I hijacked this thread I might as well add one more tidbit. Since I did the above graph I figured it would be interesting to add series Ameteks to compare them to parallel. As you can see, as your operating point moves to the left the parallel vacs win, as it moves to the right the series vacs win. Interesting (the blue line is an approximation using the 60%rule). The PD still beats them both either way.

Compare3.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
With a pop up handle too and storage wrap for the hose and solution line.

If he's only working on spots and not trying to clean the whole piece, I would think this would serve him well.

At less than $600.00 I might buy one. :biggrin:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hey Daniel whut bout somthin lik dis? :biggrin:

Not my choice for over all cleaning a piece but if you're only doing warranty work 3-gallons should do you. ???

http://www.hyorelequip.com/EDIC-339MH-HT-Bravo-3-Gallon-Heated-Spotter-with-Hand-Tool-Kit_p_245.html

Without heat. For that price I'd just carry your own hot water in a 5-gallon jug and pour it in.

Roll up, hit the spot and leave. :cool:

http://www.hyorelequip.com/EDIC-300MH-Bravo-3-Gallon-Spotter-Extractor-Machine-Only_p_244.html

best spotter on the market.
ordered one for a custy/friend 10-12(?) years ago.
he uses it for spotting between regular cleanings (three dogs, and two cats..one that pukes a lot)
he also uses it to clean the upl and carpet in his motorhome

great machine

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom