Rotovac HP

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
I found one on a local pawn shops website for $600. Are there guys out there still using these models. Would it be good just for the extra marketing? or should I just save money for a 360i/360XL

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
$600 for a Rotovac Powerwand is a great deal as long as it's in working condition. I will tell you this, if there is something wrong with the Rotovac it's easy for a repair to become pretty expensive on that unit.

I'm actually surprised that I don't hear about this unit very often on the board. We sell these probably 20-1 compared to the 360i or any other of their units. What is it that people don't like about the regular Powerwand?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20-1 compared to the 360i or any other of their units.
Carpet cleaners are not known for being smart, just cheap. :errf:

Its take much more work with a power wand to accomplish what the i or XL will do for you with less effort. Anything you can do to lessen the wear and tear on your body is money well spent. :cool:

Reactions: Russ T.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
What I always saw with the dual head original was the dirty streak in the middle and the fact that it took forever to get a nasty clean. On the same nasty, a good prespray, 175 followed by a good flush could be accomplished in half of the time.

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
What I always saw with the dual head original was the dirty streak in the middle and the fact that it took forever to get a nasty clean. On the same nasty, a good prespray, 175 followed by a good flush could be accomplished in half of the time.

Interesting...I've been using my 175 and Orbiter for really bad carpets and flushing with my regular wand. If the Rotovac HP is slower then I don't need it. Sounds like waiting is best for me. The 175 is so heavy...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd wait. The HP is a POS in my opinion.

The head is heavy so you really feel the weight at the end of the wand. The i or XL are much better products, that are easier to use and yet can still make a huge difference in appearance.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
While I don't believe the hp is a pos, I believe it is out of date and was good in its time, now we have the rotovac xl and other rotary extractors that give awsome agitation with good extraction.

I can't call the most sold power wand( that I have seen no numbers to back up this claim) in history a pos, only guys from Kansas would dare to something like that.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did you ever own one? I owned two and they are outdated POS. :errf:

The most sold doesn't make it better. If that's the case McDonalds makes the best burger ever.

No no Mr Lockhart you are wrong......again!
:lol:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I was just recently thinking of refurbishing the old dual head rotovac to run it with a porty.

Do any of you who have an XL or 360i believe that those would be better with a porty?

I'm talking about a 2 3-stage porty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Zee in nothing else, the newer models allow you to see when there is no more moisture coming up the tube. Something critical when using a portable.

Also as I mentioned it can be done with less fatigue than the wand tool/POS with the heavy head. Instead of slinging a heavy wand, you can easily move the newer RE's as easy as you would a 175.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have used the original dual head rotovac a lot back in the days and also ran Rx20 and now I regularly run a Hoss so I know what they can do (all with tm). But do you have any idea if it will make it even slower to run a 360i with a porty?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Please remeber everyone,, Chavez doesn't clean and hasn't n decades!!!!!
I clean more than you do!

He cleans vicariously through us.
I clean better than you do !

But do you have any idea if it will make it even slower to run a 360i with a porty?
I've not tried it yet. In fact our portable hasn't been used since we bought it. Its doing what is best for portables, sitting in the corner collecting dust. But a fine dust magnet it is! :icon_twisted:

Seriously Zee if you can fight through the cords and breakers, that would be my choice for better cleaning with a portable. :cool:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've had the power head since 2002 and its a workhorse. It cleans nasties easily and I don't believe anybody who says other wise. I haven't tried the hoss but plenty of others and they don't work any better. You can train someone in seconds on the power head , not true on the others. It will eat Berber seams if your not careful, not sure about the others. The others leave the carpet drier but not cleaner. The speed seemed about the same to me but to close to call. Never seen anything it couldn't handle. Don't listen to the Bunch of amatures and board wannabes following the board dejor.

Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gene I've owned them both and I think if you owned the i or XL you would feel differently.

Most cleaners will defend their wand, machine, method to the death or until they try something else.

I guess we're just that loyal to what makes us money.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I've noticed no videos of any of the above mentioned machines.

Which can only mean Saiger doesn't own one.

Modified RX 20's in our stables yet....

CRB's, Zipper Wands, High Flow modified Prochem Ti wands all on board everyday.

About the day I need the RE and have not prepared for the day correctly with the proper equipment....and then I need the RE....I do get a bit pissy....

But found I was rarely using the RX 20's

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I've owned them all. Started with the original Rotovac back in 01, bought a RX20 cause it sucked on commercial, then a rotary drimaster, 360i, Hoss, and 360xl. The only one I haven't used is the trex. In my opinion the original Rotovac on cut pile carpet over pad was the best clean you could get with one head providing agitation in one direction while the other provided agitation in the opposite. BUT it is also the slowest out of all the tools because you only clean 4 inches at a time.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm surprised Justin. I've far more impressed with the results of the XL than the original Rotovac. I have Drimasters, Powerglides and a couple of old RX-20's. I like how light Drimaster is but it isn't durable and as they get age the tensioner and belts are a pain. The RX is a tank and rough on seams, the Powerglide is a good tool just too heavy for everyday use.

The XL is aggressive enough to really dig out dirty from trashed carpets, without busting seams.

I've not run the Hoss or the T-Rex both of those look good too.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I can't imagine the Powerwand being capable of digging deep and pulling soil from deep in the fiber the way that the heads on a RE do.

But I've been wrong before...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene I've owned them both and I think if you owned the i or XL you would feel differently.

Most cleaners will defend their wand, machine, method to the death or until they try something else.

I guess we're just that loyal to what makes us money.
I listed the good with the bad and really I just sayingg I couldn't tell any difference between speed or cleaning. Most were drier. The big advantage is the speed you can train someone on it.

Gene

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom