Rotovac HP

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I only hire guys that have never cleaned. It's just easier than retraining. Running a 175 is second nature to me but you'd be surprised how much trouble a newbie can get into. I ditched the 175 for The vario. Wheels down rock.

Gene

Reactions: dealtimeman

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I l
I'm surprised Justin. I've far more impressed with the results of the XL than the original Rotovac. I have Drimasters, Powerglides and a couple of old RX-20's. I like how light Drimaster is but it isn't durable and as they get age the tensioner and belts are a pain. The RX is a tank and rough on seams, the Powerglide is a good tool just too heavy for everyday use.

The XL is aggressive enough to really dig out dirty from trashed carpets, without busting seams.

I've not run the Hoss or the T-Rex both of those look good too.[/QUOTE

I love my XL too and haven't used the original in years cause it just is to slow. But as far as cleaning goes it's hard to beat the original.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I've had the power head since 2002 and its a workhorse. It cleans nasties easily and I don't believe anybody who says other wise. I haven't tried the hoss but plenty of others and they don't work any better. You can train someone in seconds on the power head , not true on the others. It will eat Berber seams if your not careful, not sure about the others. The others leave the carpet drier but not cleaner. The speed seemed about the same to me but to close to call. Never seen anything it couldn't handle. Don't listen to the Bunch of amatures and board wannabes following the board dejor.

Gene

Good for you gene.

Obviously this tool should not be judged against the latest bunch or full size RE’s.

Sure all you big dicks will laugh at the little “wienee wand”, but in the gap that lies between a wand and a full size RE, it is a tool that should not be so easily dismissed.

For the right operator, in the right context, at the right time in his growth, it can be a valuable little tool.

I have looked at the OG straight handle model because of its appearance as being easier to maneuver in smaller spaces.

My reality is that very few of my jobs would easily accommodate anything bigger being mostly smaller homes and apartments.

So to me, if I was in the market, 600 would not be an unrealistic price if in good condition.

My buddy has one, and I know how simple they are to replace parts.

Don’t worry, I wouldn’t be tripping over any cords or hoses.

To an elite porty hack like myself, sanity lies within the planning and execution of your equipment layout.

Last edited:

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I dissected my RV powerwand and made 2 extra StairPro's or Swingers as they used to be called. I did have to install a right-hand threaded stem on the left-handed one because it was impossible to control spinning clockwise. Very versatile tools for the confined spaces I encounter.

Mikey P

Administrator
Just be sure to put a clear tube on those OG tools as they put down muuch more water than you realize

Good for you gene.

Obviously this tool should not be judged against the latest bunch or full size RE’s.

Sure all you big dicks will laugh at the little “wienee wand”, but in the gap that lies between a wand and a full size RE, it is a tool that should not be so easily dismissed.

For the right operator, in the right context, at the right time in his growth, it can be a valuable little tool.

I have looked at the OG straight handle model because of its appearance as being easier to maneuver in smaller spaces.

My reality is that very few of my jobs would easily accommodate anything bigger being mostly smaller homes and apartments.

So to me, if I was in the market, 600 would not be an unrealistic price if in good condition.

My buddy has one, and I know how simple they are to replace parts.

Don’t worry, I wouldn’t be tripping over any cords or hoses.

To an elite porty hack like myself, sanity lies within the planning and execution of your equipment layout.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Frank, I hook up the Stair-Pro to my Roto-Vac CFX fairly regulaly. I have a helper on larger jobs that runs this machine on vac only mode, to dry-vac after I clean with my TM. True dual wand if there ever was! Buy the machine and make 2 like I did. Perfect pairing for a portable extractor.

Back
Top Bottom