Rotovac tile ring: sux?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yesterday I tried out the suction ring for tile. It has small holes all around the perimeter to slurp up water n slops.

On VCT, I scrubbed with the blue tile brush (slow but effective). The ring picked up most of the water, but I expected it to draw a lot more aggressively and leave the floor nearly dry.

What has been your experience? Is the new tile brush with suction slots better than the brush & ring combo? Would enlarging the suction holes in the ring make it work better?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I drilled out my holes. I slotted from one hole to the next, then skipped to the next hole and slotted again. It did help pick up more water but wasn't the total answer. The ring is just simply a bad design.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Thanks, Jeremy. It came with the deal, but seems very Rube Goldberg.
I guess I'll make do with it for the time being. Does the newer tile brush perform any better?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I don't know about the new one. I switched to a spinner, so I don't have any expierence with it. It doesn't look like it could be worse though.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Ok, so I won't waste money on one. I still have the hard surface wand, vapor steam and two ways to scrub.

It would have been nice to snag a 1200 psi Ranger with spinner and perhaps I'll retrofit this one if business justifies the expense.

Meantime, life is good.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom