Rotovac Upholstery Tool

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Take your money to Mikeyfest, I'll show you which tools to buy.

So I can buy them from you later! :winky:

I like the shape, not fond of the trigger but if it cleans well I could get past it. I like those Mytee wraps, they work good for keeping hoses and cords together and out of the way. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
An oversight like that valve can make an otherwise excellent tool extremely frustrating. It seems like they realize the potential for a problem so they throw that Mytee cover deal over it. I think they should find a better solution before they sell thousands of them and need to correct it later. What's the price on the RV?

The Clean Machine

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
An oversight like that valve can make an otherwise excellent tool extremely frustrating. It seems like they realize the potential for a problem so they throw that Mytee cover deal over it. I think they should find a better solution before they sell thousands of them and need to correct it later. The Clean Machine

The SS tool has the exact valve and a wrap as well.
The wrap is to protect the valve, not leave exposed metal parts (heat transfer) as well as to protect the floor or whatever from being scratched by hard metal parts. Though the ability to lock the valve will be a nice addition, I never had a single problem with it going out of whack. It seems to work just fine. And if covered by wrap, I see no way in which it will change the flow on its own. Never happened to me. You may want to try it Russ, before rushing to judgement.

Hopefully the Roto Vac tool will disperse the water more evenly, clog less frequently (due to lint and stuff being caught inside), allow for heavier cleaning and better ability to clean piping and curved areas- which is what was lacking for me in the SS tool.

The ergonomics of the SS tool otherwise are outstanding and it is wrist friendly.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I haven't used either tool so my concerns come mostly from Mikey's video. That wheel looks super easy to turn. I want to say I've used them before in a different application but can't remember where. It looks like even a slight tug across a carpeted floor could make an adjustment in pressure. I know companies don't like these copycat designs but as an operator, I think RV is doing the right thing in trying to improve on the current top dog (SS). I'm really hoping HM is doing the same thing with their DM 3.

The Clean Machine

Buck1955

Name
John
I'm in need of a new upholstery tool My drimaster doesn't spray evenly anymore, tried cleaning it out with feeler gauges but still not right. The old CFR is a PITA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom