Ruff idle when hot

FastEddie

I have a fairly new water cooled 27 HP Kawa. It idles silky smooth at start up and runs like a champ. When I idle down after a job to cool the blower, it's not nearly as smooth, and stutters sometimes. What's going on here?

Sounds as if the idle mixure is a little lean. Has it always done this or just started. I have the same engine and mine is smooth. 3000+ hrs and runs like a champ.

FastEddie

Yeah Artist, it has done this from the start.

Jimmy,

So the slow idle is for hot and fast idle for cold?

Adjust the idle mixture screw to richen it up till she smooths out. If you don't know which one it is, I can take a picture for you.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It idles silky smooth at start up and runs like a champ. When I idle down after a job to cool the blower, it's not nearly as smooth, and stutters sometimes.

Man,......... I knew a girl just like this in high school....................

.................anyway....................

sounds like a fuel mixture problem to me.............

T

The Magician

Fast Eddie, since it running ok cold, warm up and adjust the slow idle and fuel mixture. Then check the fast idle speed and fuel mixture.

FastEddie

Hey guys I tweaked out the carb. I adjusted the slow idle, governed idle, tweaked the mixture a little richer. Now that did the trick. Hot idle is silky smooth. Thanks Jimmy and Artist, high five..................

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the most vibration I have ever seen from a motor was, a kawasuki that was in a steamway unit, that thing vibrates so bad I don't know how even the truck its mounted in manages to stay together

FastEddie

steve g said:
the most vibration I have ever seen from a motor was, a kawasuki that was in a steamway unit, that thing vibrates so bad I don't know how even the truck its mounted in manages to stay together

Can't really blame it on the Kawasuki, the alignment of the components play a huge role. Many TM's come out of the factory with sloppy alignments causing excessive vibration. I hardly have any vibration.

Jim said:
Are you disconnecting the vac hose before idling down?
Yes, you'd be a fool if you didn't

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom